Pope pisses off Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pekelo, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Careful, your obsession with me is showing...

#101     Sep 22, 2006

2. Ya see???? This is what im talking about...Im a man. why would you want to even think that? You don't go to Star Trek Conventions do you? Im going to help you. we gotta get yo a woman...Does Cathy of BobandCathy still hang around ET?

#102     Sep 22, 2006
  3. Your obsession is showing...or can you move along?

I am doubting it...

#103     Sep 22, 2006
  4. "He repeated criticism of the Prophet Mohammad by the 14th century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus, who is recorded as saying that everything Mohammad brought was evil "such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached".

Is he judging or is he reading? and is he right????????

#104     Sep 22, 2006
  5. He is passing along a 14th century judgment.

Seems to me some 14th century judgments included burning at stake of non believers, sun revolving around earth, evil spirits, infallibility and Divine Right of the Papacy, etc.

I see no benefit at all to what the Pope did, who claims to be a man of peace and God, but focuses on other religions and their problems.

Fix your own house first Mr. Pope....

#105     Sep 22, 2006
  6. READ AGAIN....your passing judgement without reading

He repeated criticism of the Prophet Mohammad by the 14th century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus, who is recorded as saying that everything Mohammad brought was evil "such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached

That wasn't the vatican but an Emperor....so the pope cannot even read old history books? Funny, but the last Pope had to apologize for the Catholic Church not being more outspoken against the anti-semitism in Europe 60 years earlier.....so we can only look back in history when???

#106     Sep 22, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

LMFAO. Here's an ET member who averages 16 posts per day, the vast majority of which are inane "judgements" about Bush, Israel, Christian values, "regressives" or any other topical issue that can be used as a catalyst for his anti-American, anti-family and anti-right agenda. He's engaged in ad hominem attacks with literally dozens of members on this site. Yet it's the truthful words spoken by the Pope that brings on outrage from muZZZlim.

Is your own house in order?

Is the Democrats house (or lack of) in order as they criticize the President?

Is institutional perfection now a prerequisite for the right to express commentary?

The Pope is hardly "casting the first stone." He's not remarking that Islam is a death-cult masquerading as "religion". He's merely pointing out the truth. The Koran encourages death to non-believers and those words were fuel in 1306 and 2006 as justification for murder and forced conversion. The truth hurts but it will set you free.

#107     Sep 22, 2006
  8. ....or we'll burn it down and kill you and your nuns, priests, and followers.

No wait, we intend to do that anyway.....unless you convert of course.

Allah O Akbar!!

#108     Sep 22, 2006
  9. Yes. It's not as if these same people judged it to be the right thing to do to string a teenage kid up by her neck and hang her until she was dead, for the crime of flirting with a young man. I mean, it's not as if that happened this year, in 2006. I mean, if they did something as barbaric and brutal as that, then maybe these anit-Islamofascists would have a point when they suggest that modern Islam is a religion rooted in violence. I mean, hanging a young person by the neck until dead because she flirted with a young man and burning her at the stake would be crimes today and modern Muslims don't do anything of the sort.

I mean, it's not as if a young man in Iran had his hands surgically broken because he was using the Ud to play Beatles tunes. That would just be unthinkably brutal and criminal. I mean, that would be something that one would expect in the 14th century, but not today.

BTW, TM_D... in dealing with the troll, you must never forget this

#109     Sep 22, 2006
  10. Modern Islam is rooted in the mind of men and women who practice Islam, just as Christianity is rooted in the mind of Christians, etc.

Those who rationalize illegal actions in the name of their religion, is nothing new...it is modern, and it is ancient.

I do not support violation of our laws, but it really is not my business, or the Pope and his business to sit in judgment of other religions and what they do in their own country.

Very few, very few here at ET gave a rats azzz what these people did within the confines of their own country, and would not to this day would they really care...except for those few Muslims who have taken their ideas to the extremes of violence against America and the current American interest.

The pure intellectual dishonesty of the ET members who focus on what is going on in these countries, when pre-911 the typical ET member would just say "let them kill each other, let them do whatever they want to each other" demonstrates that they really do not actually care about anyone but themselves.

And, that is a fact...

Wanna guess how many ET members were donating money to Amnesty International and other human rights groups pre-911?

Wanna guess how many have since 911 donated money to Amnesty International and other human rights groups post-911?

#110     Sep 22, 2006