Pope pisses off Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pekelo, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...14330092_RTRUKOC_0_US-RELIGION-POPE-ISLAM.xml

Sometimes stating the obvious is, well, dangerous. Watch out for the cartoons coming out of the Vatican!

"He repeated criticism of the Prophet Mohammad by the 14th century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaeologus, who is recorded as saying that everything Mohammad brought was evil "such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached"."

2. maxpi

maxpi

OMG, pissed off Muslims, now what?

3. What I find odd is that they all want an apology to this supposed offense......yet you NEVER see the leaders of Islam coming the for front and demanding and END to the use of terror in their name....why is that?

4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Let's see...

1. Someone's going to get killed.
    2. Something's going to get destroyed.

Or...

Nothing at all because rather than honouring the right to have an opinion, there will be a "cave in" to muslim demands.

I'm all for sensitivity to religion(s). But a fact is a fact.

5. If you think it's bad now, wait until they are 25-30% of the population in major european countries. It amazes me that people think so little of their culture that they will just let immigrants destroy it. Of course, we are guilty of the same thing, but we have an excuse. "They do the jobs Americans refuse to do."

6. Oh stop that...Those tolerant new age Europeans will do what they always do when there are too many intolerable people in their society......ETHNIC CLEANSING!

7. I fully expect the pope to begin grovelling and apologizing to Islam, esp. after the european govts and their populations, and perhaps even the UN, put pressure on him and threaten him with charges of hate spreech and a trip to the Hague.

8. Pabst

Pabst

It's no different in Euro-land, AAA. Pierre and Hans are no more into shoveling shit than their liberal-arts educated brethren here in the States. Why learn a trade when you can be a mortgage broker?

At least our immigrants are Roman Catholic. If instead, we had millions of Muslims pouring into this country I'd be on the border myself sniping at 'em......

9. The pope and Vatican proved to be Zionists and that they are far from Christianity, which does not differ from Islam. Both religions call for forgiveness, love and brotherhood," Shiite cleric Sheik Abdul-Kareem al-Ghazi said during a sermon in Iraq's second-largest city, Basra.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhmmmm...Sheik Kareem Abdul Jabbar needs to work on the love , and forgiveness part almost as much as his sky hook.....they are blowing each other up across Iraq in case he didn't;t notice.

10. The Pope has no business judging another religion any more than a Mullah has judging Catholicism.

Seems to me that the Pope has enough on his hands with his own flock, that there really is no need to focus on someone else's.

#10     Sep 15, 2006