Pope implicated in covering up sex abuse:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 13, 2010.

1. jem. your mind is really infected. you worship and defend a god that allows evil free will but the victims of evil no protection. how do people like you rationalize such nonsense?

#41     Mar 17, 2010
  2. jem

jem

your certainly not good at making factual ones.

#42     Mar 17, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hawking has stated that he is "not religious in the normal sense" and he believes that "the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws."

Stephen Hawking has said, in his writings, "the actual point of creation lies outside the scope of presently known laws of physics," and a less well-known but very distinguished cosmologist, Professor Alan Guth from MIT, says the "instant of creation remains unexplained."

#43     Mar 17, 2010
  4. jem

jem

Stephen Hawking's recent arguments have been a response to the growig understanding that our universe looks designed .. I do not need to tell him, he knows.

#44     Mar 17, 2010
  5. jem

jem

you keep coming back to your same argument. You may not like the fact there is evil in the world. But that does not mean that God could not have allowed free will to reign on earth.

#45     Mar 17, 2010
  6. stu

stu

That's exactly what the Vatican said in reply to peoples' arguments for something to be done against catholic child abuse cover ups.

Although they may have taken to trouble to learn how to say you're

#46     Mar 17, 2010
  7. stu

stu

As a Catholic you will now always be a member of a Church and an organization which at it's very heart was condoning pedophilia and hiding the practice of international child sex abuse by its hierarchy.

God or no God in my view no decent person would want to be associated in any way with that.

#47     Mar 17, 2010
  8. actually you are correct. if you god exists he could have set up a system where evil has free will but the victims of evil have no protection. the question would still remain. why would an educated man,such as yourself, defend and worship such a being?

we sent the us military and have spent 8 years and trillions of dollars to eliminate the evil of sadam hussan and he was a saint next to the evil your god seems to approve of.

#48     Mar 17, 2010
  9. It seems the priesthood is the child molester’s career of choice, as their involvement in child sex crimes seems disproportionately high these days. None of my gay pals are Catholic so the I have never been able to pose the question; does service to the Catholic church attract young gay men?

#49     Mar 17, 2010
  10. jem

jem

If you notice -- in many if not all my posts in recent years if I talked about being Catholic I stated I grew up Catholic and attend Catholic church. ( I also attend other churches at times.)

I go to church in a Catholic Church because only the Catholics and Orthodox churches have the type of Communion Jesus speaks of in John chapter 6.

However, if I confirm that this Pope was part of the cover up, I will look to go to other Catholic or Orthodox churches until this bunch criminals is dealt with properly.

#50     Mar 17, 2010