Pope implicated in covering up sex abuse:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 13, 2010.

1. VATICAN CITY — Germany's sex abuse scandal has now reached Pope Benedict XVI: His former archdiocese disclosed that while he was archbishop a suspected pedophile priest was transferred to a job where he later abused children.

The pontiff is also under increasing fire for a 2001 Vatican document he later penned instructing bishops to keep such cases secret.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/12/popes-former-diocese-admi_n_497167.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Too bad Italy doesn't have a death penalty.

3. These crimes are being done by the same homosexuals you let run free in your cities and act as if they are normal, fighting for their "rights".

Dont think that this is a Catholic thing with young boys being molested. Its not...its a homosexual thing as they are molesting boys in every walk of life, from churches to schools.

I dont get why so many of you accept their lifestyle when you know they are f**ked in the head with their sexual preferences. If someone has a sexual perversion...you dont let them around your children.

4. a thinking person might ask themselves. if there really is an all powerful all knowing god up there who, as christians describe him, is a kind loving god why does he stand by while his represenatives on earth rape little boys. two strong possibilities should pop into a thinking persons mind. either there is nothing up there or whatever is up there is evil because he seems to enjoy watching.

Epicurus: Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

5. jem

jem

I am sure you know the simple response is that God allows free will.

But, I will say the authority of the church to speak on spirtual matters is being destroyed by these terrible crimes. I can not believe the Church has not made a radical move to clean out this this cancer.

And I challenge this celibacy thing.

Whether vow causes decent men to break down does not matter.
    The problem is the vow keeps many good people out who love God and the church but are concerned they can not keep such a difficult promise.

And, it therefore leaves a large vacuum to let in creeps who saw the preisthood as access.

6. "During his initial speech, a white dove landed on his shoulder before the crowds. In the deep rooted superstition of Catholicism, this signified divine acceptance of the guerrilla leader. His strong personality overpowered the other revolutionist groups, and the people pledged to his promises of reforms and changes from the corrupt past of Fulgencio Batista.

The dove incident did not dupe Pope John XXIII who excommunicated Castro, an atheist, on January 3, 1962. In the 1990s, Pope John Paul II permitted Catholics to join the Cuban Communist Party which reversed the 1949 decree by Pope Pius XII forbidding Catholics from supporting communist governments."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Both fight for CONTROL. Catholics and Communists.

To think the (random) dove is the (sign) show how superstition control religion AND communism. Just a tool.

Look for poster Morganist post of music video with the white dove on the shoulder of the Pope, All random, all superstition.
    http://www.hyperhistory.net/apwh/bios/b4fcastro12am.htm

7. the free will rationalization is a crock. there are too many examples of god not allowing free will in the bible to even suggest it as an excuse. we have stories of god murdering every person on earth because he didnt like what they were doing. we have another story of him dispersing people to the corners of the earth to stop them from building something. if god was willing to act in those cases but is unwilling to act when his represenatives on earth rape little boys what does that make him?

you really should spend some time studying the book you follow. you dont seem to understand it vewry well.
    http://blessedatheist.com/would-you-like-to-start-from-the-beginning/
    http://blessedatheist.com/2010/03/12/genesis-retrospective/
    A Bible Study by the only people truly qualified to study the bible — those who don't believe.

8. jem

jem

you seem to be confusing the new convenant with the old covenant and the distinct purpose God set forth in the old testament vs the new.

In the old testament God made promises to Abraham so that everyone would know that he was the one true God.

Once you know who God is and what the law is, then you need a path to salvation.

By the way - I read your person's take on Genesis - I was expecting something scholarly - what a crock a crap.

Within the first few paragraphs he is throwing up strawmen and trying to discredit Christianity by the existence of dinosaur teeth.

As to his other point --

Would you talk about salvation until you explained about the fall and free will?

Sorry - you will have to do better than that.

9. Just came across this on my referrers and wanted to see what was happening. Jem, you claim that I set up straw men and then knock them down. Actually I think the Bible sets up the men that I try to knock over. I don't need to set them up; they're already there. I'm not sure which ones you are referencing, but let's pick free will and the fall of man. I did address this but here goes a very short response.

God creates us fully as we are, remember no evolution allowed. Being Omnipotent and omniscient, he controls our complete formation. There are no outside factors here. Right? Oh yes, the devil! But God created him too, and being Omniscient, knows precisely what he will do. Correct? That is what omniscient means. So God has us just the way he wants us. Of course he does, because he's perfect, and for perfection to create a flawed creation, he would have to do it on purpose. By the definitions involved, there is no other way.

Anyway, he makes us in our totality and then demands we don't do the one thing that he KNOWS we are going to. Remember we do not yet know right from wrong, for we have not yet eaten the fruit of knowledge. And of course, we eat it. Just like he wanted us to. How can you create something that you know is going to do something and blame them for doing it. This is absurd!

Come on Jem, Anyone not blinded by years of brainwashing can see that this is a story invented by a tribe of bronze age desert wanderers trying to understand where they came from. And as a work of literature, it can be beautiful. But taken as inerrant truth, just like the Koran or the Book of Mormon, it becomes ugly and squalid. As my site tries it's hardest to prove, a literal interpretation of a bronze age work of fiction is less than useless. It's dangerous for society.

If you need to shove your own head up your butt, fine! Just don't demand that the rest of us do too. There's not much difference between you and the Moslems. It's just a slightly different butt.

Free thinker. Thanks for the support in the battle against superstition.

Blessed Atheist Bible Study @ http://blessedatheist.com/

10. stu

stu

• All characters appearing in this piece of work are fictitious. Any resemblance to persons living, dead, undead or reincarnated, is purely coincidental.

[​IMG]
    Copyright : gullibleware
    • [​IMG]

#10     Mar 15, 2010