Pope Francis says there is no Hell

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Mar 29, 2018.

1. jem

jem

headline at Drudge....

While I hope to someday find out this is the truth...
    I can't imagine a pope just thinking he can make such a statement.

I find this "humble" pope to be full of self absorbed hubris.
    At the very least he should have qualified his remarks stating that his personal view is not completely consistent with what the church teaches.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell

Scalfari says to the Pope, "Your Holiness, in our previous meeting you told me that our species will disappear in a certain moment and that God, still out of his creative force, will create new species. You have never spoken to me about the souls who died in sin and will go to hell to suffer it for eternity. You have however spoken to me of good souls, admitted to the contemplation of God. But what about bad souls? Where are they punished?"

Pope Francis says, "They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

more at link

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The Pope says there is no hell?

He really should go visit some of the no-go zones in Europe.

piezoe likes this.
  3. Point to us on the map where Hell is:

[​IMG]

1.5 million galaxies and for some reason, no place called Hell.

Oh big day for Christians tomorrow, their imaginary God-man drags the cross around town and dies. And then for some reason after three days and three nights he's resurrected --- and that's Sunday?? What???

Tony Stark and futurecurrents like this.
  4. Poindexter

Poindexter

Says the bigot who's off by more than five orders of magnitude for just the observable universe. Not to mention that we're probably just an infinitesimally small speck in a multiverse.

Optionpro007 likes this.
  5. jem

jem

you realize that Hawking and many other top physicists and cosmologists speculate there are almost infinite other unseen and (so far) untested universes.

6. Are you people really this dumb and not understand the point of the message?

Simple People.

7. jem

jem

there were points to the message but I wonder if you would actually allow the points through your filters?

what do you think the point of the Pope's message was?

(by the way... that would be a useful post on this thread as opposed to telling us God is not real.)

8. Poindexter

Poindexter

Yeah sure :D

9. jem

jem

by the way... the vast majority of translations read like this... not 3 days and three nights but on the third day. The day he died would be the first day.

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/15-4.htm

New Living Translation
    "He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said."

King James Bible
    And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

10. Yeah but he also says that man made global warming is true and will cause deaths and that we should help the poor.

No way that he is a proper conservative Christian.

#10     Mar 29, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.