Pope criticises pursuit of wealth

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Raptor Deus, Oct 6, 2008.

1. speaking of catholics. maybe you should consider this wise advice:
    Often a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances,... and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all that we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, which people see as ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn."
    [St. Augustine],

#41     Oct 7, 2008
  2. "The Pope says God's word is the only veritable reality to build on".

What does God think about priests sticking their cocks in children? Perhaps the Pope should concern himself about that and not worry so much about the pursuit of wealth. It's the pursuit of busting a nut that has his church in such turmoil.

#42     Oct 7, 2008
  3. The popes comments are typical of a guy who wears only the finest clothes, travels in a private jet and lives in a really nice house in the middle of Rome

maybe the church should eat its own cooking and sell off some of those prime properties and give the money to the poor

#43     Oct 7, 2008
    #44     Oct 7, 2008
  5. MGJ

MGJ

Which is worse: pursuit of wealth, or contraceptives?

#45     Oct 7, 2008
  6. There is a big difference between "finely tuned" and Creation. A bomb is finely tuned. But it is designed to destroy. Creation does not begin with an explosion. Yet you look no further than an angelic arsonist for your genesis. How is this different from atheism? Would it not be better to deny the existence of the devil than to worship the devil to the exclusion of our Father? This would be embarrasing if it were true. All your light comes from the devil's fire and its cancer inducing rays. You must step carefully over shifting ground which floats on a sea of molten rock as your home wobbles wildly in the outer darkness until the fire burns out and freezes all your assets. Meanwhile, you are fascinated with a ticking timebomb made socially acceptable by calling it the "sun", or "nature", the better to mask its monstrous mission to make you into mince meat through murderous means. This is not Creation! This is a mockery of Creation...a rediculous parody of paternity. So you either have no dog in the hunt for the Truth, or you are on the side of the designer of delightful delusions.

Jesus

#46     Oct 7, 2008
  7. jem

jem

First to address the previous poster... I did not say that there was a big bang and I did not say that the Designer in which I believe designed the universe. The big bang is a theory accepted by most of the scientific community. Within that community there are respected non believers who do say that the universe looks designed. I make that argument from science - not the bible.

Top physicists using science now say the universe in which we live looks spectacularly designed. (they speculate there must be trillions of universes to combat the design inference.)

However you slice it -- Science is not supporting an atheist's belief system. Science does not state there is no Creator. They simple do not have the tools to disprove a Creator.

Note I did not say science supports my belief system.

Why is it that so many Atheists can't handle simple logic.

Saying science can not disprove a Creator is just such a simple, accurate and harmless statement.

It amazes me how that statement causes so many atheists start saying that evolution is a fact and the earth is more than 5000 years old.

Yeah - so what. That does not mean science says there is no God. Atheism is irrational.

#47     Oct 7, 2008
  8. lassic

lassic

...or having sex with little boys and covering it up

#48     Oct 7, 2008
  9. Hmmm, so you're saying you wouldn't cover it up :)

#49     Oct 7, 2008
  10. They are called stars, suns, planets, earth, air, fire and water. They are actually tools to disprove a Creator, magical conjurings with malintent. Regarding them as real accomplishes their purpose, which is to deny reality and its Creator. Both science and certain universal religions support them as reality, or part thereof. Prepare yourself for another paradigm shift that will make Copernicus' discovery appear insignificant by comparison.

Jesus

#50     Oct 7, 2008