poor cramer?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jonbig04, May 7, 2008.

1. Cramer is not an idiot, he just acts like one.

As far as his "record", don't ever call him a trader. His wife (Karen, used to trade for Steinhardt) was a trader and she saved his fund when he wanted to give up. Toddo was a trader and made some good returns, while JC threw monitors, insulted workers and posted yellow stickies on his people's foreheads.

But Crames is most famous for slipping the clueless Faber and Maria rumors. And in return for commission biz, getting "the call" from brokers. Read "Trading with the Enemy". Yeah, his lawyers were able to discredit one small part of the book, but every thing I have seen about Cramer over the years indicates the book was true. He even admitted it in that infamous video.

Cramer also threw a federal subpeona on the ground and essentially wiped his butt on securities laws.

So Cramer "made" you money? If Hitler made you money, would that make him a great guy? Okay maybe a bit rough, but you see my point.

Sorry to ramble, but I just think your admiration for Crammer is misplaced. His "nice guy" antics and "educational" histronics don't make up for all the sleazy things he did. He probably stole more from people, indirectly from dirty trick trades, than he has helped people make from his show.

Just an opinion from what I have see over the years. This is, after all, a trading discussion board...

Good trading to all. :cool:

#31     May 7, 2008

2. Good points.

#32     May 7, 2008
  3. Feyd

Feyd

Im with you man. Why hate?... plus Ive learned a lot about valuation and stock picks from Cramer. It's all gooood.

#33     May 8, 2008
  4. Ummm... right. A good stock picker. Right.

Cramer is a character on TV and in pop culture. Anyone who doesn't understand this (and there seem to be quite a few on here) is basically naive.

The guy who plays Cramer is a savvy businessman who has found a niche and is making millions off of it.

#34     May 8, 2008

5. Naive would be automatically assuming he has nothing to offer, when he has made a great living, one way or the other off of the stock market...I doubt hes making near as much now as he was as a hedgie....you must be one of those people that hate him bc he doesnt have 12 flat screen monitors.

#35     May 8, 2008
  6. A strange comment given the content of my post.

1. I don't hate him at all, I think he's a businessman who has found a niche and is exploiting it to make money. I think that's great, more power to him. You must have missed that in my post, even though I stated it very clearly.

2. He has nothing to offer a professional trader. The fact that you believe he might have something to offer a professional trader is a dead giveaway that you're not a professional trader. That's okay, this site is not only for professionals - it's for anyone interested in trading. You're still welcome here.

3. I was responding to your suggestion that he's a good stock picker. Picking stocks has nothing to do with it. In fact he's a a mediocre stock picker, as has already been pointed out.

Welcome to ET.

#36     May 8, 2008
  7. What's it to fucking you?
    it's not needless flaming...it's very needful..
    Fuck Cramer...and Fuck Kobe Bryant too...
    Hate them because they are beautiful....

People one rung down on the ladder are always tugging at the pant legs of the guy up ahead..

In this case, Cramer drops his load on the guy below, while Cramophiles get facialized...

PS - no disrespect...I would trade my full head of hair for his bald screaming nonsense bullshit anyday..

He must get a lot of pussy...

#37     May 8, 2008

8. In fact I am a professional trader. Ok you're right im not. I disagree, though, that he has nothing to offer a professional trader. You might say "oh what do I know, I'm not one" blah blah, but just in reading "Confessions" it seems there are lessons that can be applied to trading (and other professions for that matter)....maybe after a bad couple of weeks you can look at his dilemma (when he was down millions) and it will put your losses in perspective; if you;re running some kind of fund im sure you could draw more specific lessons. I'm just saying as a very successful individual how can we simply right him off? My only point is that its stupid to hate him, when maybe we can learn something, one way or the other from his long career. You have to admit that guy carries a lot of stocks in his head too. kinda crazy.

#38     May 8, 2008