poor cramer?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jonbig04, May 7, 2008.

1. Thank you! Well said.

#21     May 7, 2008
  2. dnk

dnk

You seem to be biased. R U a salesman, worker, related to him some how, etc ?

#22     May 7, 2008
  3. Kramer's % of Accuracy is 46% based on Guru Grades on the following link.

http://www.cxoadvisory.com/gurus/

#23     May 7, 2008
  4. Cramer has a show that runs several times a week, so he obviously needs new material. Some of this information is just bs stock selections. Plus im not sure if hes suited for "traders" because he focuses on the fundamentals too much. That being said, his show is mostly for entertainment purposes. Thats why he gets all loud or emotional... He is only molding his personality for television.

Obviously you can learn things about the stock market as well, but he is not your broker/financial advisor/portfolio manager so don't assume that he must consistently make good investment recommendations. With all the stuff he covers, he probably has incompetent researchers doing all the analysis. I doubt that he is only pumping stocks as well, because the government would of been all over that by now.

If you do want to learn something from Cramer, I would recommend reading Confessions of a Street Addict. It's a rather interesting story about his life, the markets and the operations of hedge funds.

#24     May 7, 2008
  5. Thats a really interesting statistic... The average of all those individuals on the list is just 47.8 per cent. Only six of them scored above 60%. I wonder if the statistics are similar for actual analysts. It would be scary if people pay for services like Moodys and if their performance resembles that of these media personalities. Just goes out to show how difficult it is to predict the market.

#25     May 7, 2008
  6. Why would you dedicate so much of your time on a daily basis to following someone who is 50/50 in your own words? I feel sorry you wasted 5 years of your life of the last 10

Seriously, why? Entertainment?

#26     May 7, 2008

7. nope, no bias here. Bias would be to dismiss Cramer as an idiot altogether, and thats what i think is stupid. BTW everyone should read "Confessions of a Street Addict" its just a really entertaining book, if you are interested at all in hedge funds. I think afterwards you will have a better idea of what Cramer is about.

#27     May 7, 2008
  8. gaj

gaj

you may think of confessions as an entertaining book - i consider it one of the best financial books written, and an essential read for anyone who is considering trading as a living.

however, cramer's performance in his action alerts portfolio from 2002-2007, after fees for buying it from TSCM, was *below* the s&p during tha time.

that's not even accounting for the AA portfolio's abysmal 2001 - at the end of that year, it was scratched from the record, and reset to zero.

cramer's general education stuff, for the most part, is fine. but his specific stock stuff (NOT l ightning round junk, but his special segment stuff or action alerts) tends to be no better than random....and there's a small set of circumstances where he's a GREAT contrary indicator. if you check some of my past posts, i've mentioned what those situations are....

#28     May 7, 2008
  9. Cramer is a brand name on TV. His job is not to educate you, its not to pick stocks or anything else. His job is to sell add time on CNBC. His show gets very nice ratings for CNBC and they sell add time at high prices. End of story.

From all the hate Cramer gets here I would say he's been doing a good job.

#29     May 7, 2008
  10. Cramer is a celebrity. He even apply on Iron Man.

Btw, the movie is ok. It way too much hype build into it.

#30     May 7, 2008