Poof. Another 180k - 200k Jobs Will Dissapear w/Folding of Auto Dealerships Very Soon

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 13, 2009.

1. Sure they will. But a few billion won't help bring back the jobs or ease the crushing economy that's falling down around us.

People assume that I'm a pessimist when I've been very optimistic in the past.

There's absolute disintegration of middle class purchasing power happening, and I'm realistically pointing to it, not pessimistically so, and corporate earnings are going to get slammed in Q3, and ZERO reason for any optimism.

Everyone was calling a bottom in housing prices and foreclosures a year ago, 6 months ago, yada yada - nope. And it's going to get far worse.

Equity markets will start reflecting the 'reality' that is.

#11     May 13, 2009
  2. Interesting thoughts, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, what do you mean by "the peloton"

#12     May 13, 2009
  3. bit

bit

Why would these dealers even get an audience?

#13     May 13, 2009
  4. The peloton in cycling makes up the bunch who ride tightly together to conserve energy.

Occasionally riders make a break but usually (not always) the peloton gathers them back in.
    google are bound to have a few words on the subject.

regards
    f9

#14     May 13, 2009
  5. Stronger dealerships will absorb many of those lost jobs, just like Ford and the imports would absorb GM and Chrysler customers, and therefore absorb ex-GM and ex-Chrysler employees, if either company liquidated. Obviously it's not a 1:1 ratio but the numbers posted are negatively skewed and do not reflect reality.

#15     May 13, 2009
  6. Or freaking Somalia for that matter. They have limited government, that's what the right wingers want here right? No pesky government intervention in Somalia, the free markets decide everything! Have a blast!

#16     May 13, 2009
  7. #17     May 13, 2009
  8. ByLowSellHi,

You are spot on and are not being pessimistic in any way, shape or form. But you are being realistic and those who can’t think for themselves are threatened because they don’t understand and anyone who can think is a threat to them. Not good qualities in a trader IMHO. Everything you are saying should be obvious to anyone who takes some time to think about what is going on.

As far the ignorant posters out there, may I suggest liberal use of the ignore function as you can’t reason with unreasonable people. Life is too short to waste time on them. Someone will inevitably quote them so you will still some snippets of their comments. That is more than enough. One of the best features on ET (and sorely needed unfortunately).

And before one of the trouble makers, why am I posting during the trading day (which I rarely do)? I am going fly fishing in MI for a long weekend so I am done for the day. Have a great weekend all.

Good trading all

BM

#18     May 14, 2009
  9. Market will have to go up eventually cause the inflation is unbearable to investor who put money in bond.

Just look at all corp bond, most of them are +5% and up.

#19     May 14, 2009