Poof. Another 180k - 200k Jobs Will Dissapear w/Folding of Auto Dealerships Very Soon

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 13, 2009.

1. What's another 180k to 200k jobs on top of the 11 million 'officially lost' (real statistics puts this number at 14 million), and the 13 million people who are now working part-time because they can't find full time jobs with benefits?

150,000 jobs here, 300,000 jobs there, pretty soon we'll be talking 13% or 15% unemployment rates, or more.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2009/05/13/nada0513.html

2. I don't understand what they are lobbying for. Leave the dealers open and sell few cars and continue to lose money. The auto market contraction leaves the automakers no choice.

3. But even if the US auto industry was healthy,
    I imagine that dealerships would be living on borrowed time as people will have no option but to "buy to order"

regards
    f9

4. Oh, I'm not saying the industry doesn't need to shave dealers and jobs, because they do.

Americans and others are cutting WAY back.

You'll see a lot more 10 year old and older cars on the road on a highway near you.

I'm only commenting on the fact that the systemic bleeding of jobs decimates the 'green shoots' gang's arguments, at every corner and in every way.

Things will be far worse next year than they are now, and the year after that, and the year after that.

We are officially in tailspin mode.

5. I disagree.

This is becoming a VERY GOOD time to get long.

If you don't like the America, move to Russia see how that is.

6. LMAO!!!

The loser, gay argument!

'If you don't like America, man, move to Russia, dude!'

'Love it or leave it, man!!!'

Get long if you think the economy is about to break out, imbecilus.

Aren't you a gay hairdresser, anyways? You are persecuted here unless you live on the east or west coast.

You move.

Move in with this woman: [​IMG]

7. Perhaps it is just that Wall Street and Main Street are being deliberately de-coupled.
    Wall street will be a protected capitalist machine to satisfy the global money system and US citizens will gradually be introduced to a different path than the one they have been on.
    US middle class is quite small by current world standards but it has done a great job as the path finder/builder to the greater world, but eventually the peloton will absorb them and move on.

regards
    f9

8. Your just plain dumb, BuyLo.

Post some performance records if you want any of us to take you seriously.

I doubt you can even make a living.

9. You're a fucking gay stalker, and I don't play that way, you psycho, gay, limp wristed fairy.

GTF away from me. You have aids and syphilis.

10. trendy

trendy

What do you want to bet that Obama and Congress will check under the cushions and find a few billion loose dollars to give to the dealers to ease the pain.

#10     May 13, 2009