Pontiac going out of business today after 84 years.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 31, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Ford is playing ball on a much higher level than GM is at this point. And yes, a tbird would be cool. They had one in the early 2000's that wasn't bad. Not a home run, but not bad. The 56 style would be cool.

A split window vette would be a trip! Wonder how that would look? If it looked classy, I'd say they would get some sales out of that.

#21     Nov 3, 2010
  2. gov

gov

Yeah, that G6 is surely NOT FLY...

#22     Nov 3, 2010
  3. Bring back the '66, GTO!

#23     Nov 3, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That car was such a classic!!!!! 389 tri power! Remember the poster with the GTO, the girl in a one piece bathing suit, and the tiger? John Delorean's brainchild the GTO is textbook! Absolutely textbook marketing!

GM just can't seem to go back into THEIR history, and pull winning pages out of the files... I don't get it. The last GTO Pontiac came out with looked like a chevy cavalier with an air hose blowing it up. Sad!

#24     Nov 3, 2010
  5. Well, Pontiacs never did handle very well, and it seems that this economic curve was a bit too tight. It's unfortunate.

#25     Nov 3, 2010
  6. 68' Green Firebird Convertible with a "one finger salute" statue (the bird) in the rear window. This was a good piece of Detroit iron.

:cool:

#26     Nov 3, 2010
  7. I swapped my Lemans + $1500 for a '71 Chevelle. The guy who got my old Pontiac used it in a destruction derby. Wouldn't mind having that Chevelle back either, now that I think about it.

#27     Nov 3, 2010