Poll Your Thoughts On Next Week Market Direction

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jun 11, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Flat

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. Bearish

17 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I prefer not to say

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. Your posts were bullish back at end of April (at the top), and then turned seller of naked calls recently on visit of the bottom, and now you recovered your short calls? Your posts seem to be a perfect timer of the opposite of what is good for you, which is not an easy achievement. If you have been this consistent in your record, then today was a good day to go short this market. Please take it as a friendly commentary. The market is friend of no one. :)

#41     Jun 16, 2010
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

I am fine, doing quite well. Not sure what you mean by short calls. I didn't make any such post.

#42     Jun 16, 2010
  3. The futures were negative all night. The Nikkei & Hang Seng brought their markets down. Then once Europe opened, the futures turned positive. Everything in Europe is all fine now. We've gone back to the "buy the dip" mode.

#43     Jun 17, 2010
  4. It sorta had a little to do with Spain's "successful" auction, you know.

#44     Jun 17, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Futures higher this morning, think it's one of those days where you go long and sell at the close for a guaranteed 2% profit. Economic numbers due out shortly should move markets as well, seems the markets are back into rally mode and a stronger euro means higher stock prices.

#45     Jun 17, 2010
  6. Except bonds are running and the move through the 200d ma was a head fake. We are in "no man's land" and a good chunk of the mover's are in the Mediterranean on vacation

#46     Jun 17, 2010
  7. something smells bad. crash is imminent???

SPY 111.83

#47     Jun 18, 2010
  8. The charts of SPX, DAX, Nikkei, & India show that world markets are ready to turn over. (Although, I've seen this before and UP we continued!!) There was a last second 12.79 million sell of SPY. Plus other large sells of EEM & EWZ at the last second. So, unless we get a surprise good news over the weekend, we're likely to gap down on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers.

#48     Jun 18, 2010
  9. we had a micro crash of ~0.25% within seconds of my post! amazing considering that i did not use any indicators, formulas, etc (mainly eyeballing my P/L).

i am sure many traders with fast fingers and access to cash made millions from my call. congrats!

did i make any money? NO :(

i was looking for a bigger drop, darn! (dummy) :D

#49     Jun 18, 2010