Poll: Your Favorite Guru Who Actually Trades

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hypostomus, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...them was the rules. It's like golf. She couldn't win unless she overcame her 50 point handicap. I mean, she cheats! She's attractive, articulate, comprehensible, everybody loves her. Ain't fair to the mostly ugly old guys on the list.

#61     Oct 2, 2003
  2. Merc

Merc

:D :D :D

#62     Oct 2, 2003
  3. LOL!!! No slander or libel here, bro. Think of buying the book as only being hit for 100 shares on 1,000 share bid. You can take the ride, but cut yor losses. Maybe its me...he said his daughter knows how to trade..."How many candles is that baby? Three daddy. Thats a Buy setup." My ASS!!!

Larry is cool, helluva lot better than ollie. Hey should I start that poll, or will the mods kill it?

#63     Oct 2, 2003
  4. ...it's a joke, man. Look at my initial post where I defined the rules It's MY poll.

#64     Oct 2, 2003
  5. ...somewhere else there is speculation there is no moderation this week. If I were you, I would err on the side of caution. You don't want to say anything that's tortable. Be subtle, if that's in your repertoire. You don't have to use loaded words and be negative in a poll to get the point across.

Having just turned from green to yellow myself as a trader, I know how cruelly publishers play on the naive hopes of newbies. You only have to look at the latest rash of crap now being churned out as the market heats up (not referring here to the esteemed Vadym Graifer, in a class all by himself). The people in the poll are in fact my favorite authors (except for one) who are the real thing IMO.

Good trading to you. - Mike

#65     Oct 2, 2003
  6. jem

jem

since my first response did not provoke much response I will do my review and let people tell me why I am wrong.

John Bollinger- useful information on his site. Took bollinger bands from a concept developed from bill schimidt in La Jolla (so I have been told). good commentator. I seriously wonder if he can outperform say fidelity contra fund.

Marc Cook- I think I have read reviews that call him a fraud ( I will not swear to this. ) I have read many of his interviews and do not believe 3/4 of what he says or claims. Profitable maybe maybe not.

LBR. Great teacher - I am pretty sure her calls lost money during the six monts I paid for her live room. Has anyone tracked her calls since May. I would like to know if she displays an edge on any day other than a trend day.

Larry pesavento- Interesting concepts- others seem to think they work. I will investigate at some point. I would like to hear if any one has made money being in his room. At least he does not seem to gouge.

Oliver Velez, I watched people try to follow him and his calls in a SOES room in 1996. My conlusion was he was full of crap even back then. Would not post his record just his high water mark. I doubt he ever made money but he did write well. I do know I have read on here that one of his instructors got in trouble for front running his high end very expensive service. That is what I would expect from what I have seen of him. I doubt he could trade profitable. But he ought to be able to.

Robert Deel- I do not remember why but I do not associate good thoughts with his name. I very well could be mistaking him for someone else.

Alexander Elder- Seems overrated. His book seems a little simplistic but when it came out I think that triple screen thing was a fairly big deal and useful concept. So why three time frames may not have been his original idea, I give him the
    thumbs up for coming out with it early.

eddit t - no idea who he is at the moment.

which gary smith-

The stock setup guy on TV. or the futures guy who trades off CNBC and does mutual fund swithcing. The latter is a bit bombastic and extremely conservative but I have learned a lot from him. The first one seems like a jeff cooper copy so I have not really investigated his work but I have no problems with the little I know about him. Is he profitable -- probably in good markets.

#66     Oct 3, 2003
  7. Check this out jem...I've made some calls, and all of this checks out. I'm going to get my money back.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=151058&highlight=seiden#post151058

#67     Oct 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.