Poll: Your Favorite Guru Who Actually Trades

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hypostomus, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chessman

chessman Guest

#41     Oct 1, 2003
  2. Merc

Merc

So Linda Raschke is clearly the leader!

Any experiences with her swing trading room?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#42     Oct 1, 2003
  3. ...with the deepest respect for your trading knowledge and wisdom, I must point out that I sincerely believe in the integrity of nine of the ten candidates I put in the poll. I have met four of them and corresponded with another. For the other four, their books and other activities speak for themselves. I only included one "thief" (a shamefully hurtful term, you insensitive oaf!), hoping to see that person get bashed. In addition, I am collecting honoraria from ALL of them for touting each one of them exclusively.

#43     Oct 1, 2003
  4. ...watch it. That verges on lander and slibel! Fortunately I only bought the book and actually attempted to trade that way (silly me). Are you trying to tell me that buying a bounce with a tail off of a 200 sma on a daily chart doesn't work reliably? I'm certain it's just you. Obviously you picked the wrong sma. If you had put up the 20, 40, 50, and 100 sma's and chosen the correct one for the issue in question you would have done just fine.

I am sorry you have that opinion of Larry. In a limited encounter I found him to be very down to earth and sincere. Remember, he buds out with Douglas, so he can't be all bad.

You do the next poll. I like your idea of a negative poll.

No, Hypostomus is a bottom feeder. He swims between the toes of Hippopotamus and nibbles daintily at the toe jam.

Same to you, bro. Keep that attitude.

#44     Oct 1, 2003
  5. Hands downs winner in my book. :D

#45     Oct 1, 2003
  6. ...for your votes and posts. Alan Farley is the winner, as LBR did not overcome her 50 vote handicap. Much fodder for new polls here: Who is your favorite homegrown ET guru? Who is the worst charlatan guru? Who is the most egregious self-promoting poster? But we must to more serious matters: the California recall election. Mary Carey gets my vote! I forget, is LBR on that ballot?

#46     Oct 2, 2003
  7. Street Smarts: High Probability Short term Trading strategies because:
    1. It's the only book by her (w/connors) that I know of.
    2. Because it opened my eyes to swing trading and improved my profitability. Note: My first impression of the book was not good because the way it is written is weird (the authors interview each other) but then I got over it and focused on content. This book is pricey but worth it. If you buy it new the cheapest place I could find is Linda's web site- http://www.lbrgroup.com and the shipping was quick (2 to 3 days). :D

#47     Oct 2, 2003
  8. Merc

Merc

Did you read 'Connors on Advanced Trading'?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#48     Oct 2, 2003
  9. Haven't got to that one yet...maybe I'll call it a day and go see if Borders has it. :)

#49     Oct 2, 2003
  10. Merc

Merc

It's pretty expensive, still hesitating if to buy it or not?
    I would like to hear some reviews first.

:D :D :D

#50     Oct 2, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.