Poll: Your Favorite Guru Who Actually Trades

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by hypostomus, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. thanks ! you are too kind.

:) :) :)

#21     Sep 28, 2003
  2. ctrader

ctrader

Parness is a jerk who front runs his newsletter clients.

#22     Sep 28, 2003
  3. Linda BR, no questions asked.

Plus she's female and females make better traders, anyway.
    They have less of a tendency to proclaim themselves as guru's, too.

By the way, this is a really lame list of choices. I'm not sure if any of the others in the list actually trade. I think most of them are self-proclaimed guru's, trading "educators" or ex-traders. People who need to sell books to make a living. John Bollinger makes a little bit of money but isn't exactly a trading hero.

And anyway: Where did Marty Schwartz, Ed Seykota, Paul Tudor Jones, Victor Sperandeo, Michael Steinhardt, Michael Marcus go? Not to mention Dan Zanger, the pattern man?

Those are the true trading guru's who have actually traded. They are the ones that have turned $30K accounts into $80m accounts or done several hundred thousand percent return on their accounts in a few years.

Mention anymore glossy Pristine clowns like Oliver Velez and I'm gonna lose my dinner.

Best Regards,
    Scientist.

#23     Sep 28, 2003
  4. Why not ETs own Threei? He wrote a book and he trades.

#24     Sep 28, 2003
  5. shaq48

shaq48

I'll give a vote to Rev Shark..I don't know if he's a guru because he doesn't give picks. But as for knowledge and insight into the game of trading he is one of the best I've ever read.

#25     Sep 28, 2003
  6. Velez?

Try Mark Fisher. worth more than probably all the choices here combined !

#26     Sep 28, 2003
  7. Aaron, Stridsman don't trade, he write articles :)

#27     Sep 28, 2003
  8. ...to the best of my knowledge they all trade, with the possible exception of Oliver Velez, who is there for effect. Be a good sport! This poll is like turning over a rock. Look what scurried out from under! With one exception, IMO they are all deadly sincere and have enriched the trading community with their publications and seminars. I have met Cook, Deel, Pesavento, and Toppel and IMO they are very wise and insightful. The others are there from my impressions of their work. When we are finished, offer a counter poll: who are the REAL traders?

#28     Sep 28, 2003
  9. Aaron

Aaron

Maybe you know him better than I do. I talked to him recently at a Chicago QWAFAFEW meeting and found out he's now head of research at Rotella Capital Management. Even though he probably doesn't phone the brokers himself, I expect he has a lot of influence on what trades are actually executed. Is this not the case?

#29     Sep 28, 2003
  10. ...all the links were dead, for which I suppose I should be grateful.

#30     Sep 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.