Poll: Will Trump implode or be impeached within the next 4 years?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frederick Foresight, Jan 25, 2017.

Will Trump implode or be impeached within the next 4 years?

1. Very likely

2. More than 50% chance

3. Less than 50% chance

4. Very unlikely

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. piezoe

piezoe

We are probably not far apart in what we would want for our country. Sadly, I think we will both be very disappointed.

#41     Jan 27, 2017
  2. You are correct about his overreach. He doesn't even know what he doesn't know, and he doesn't really seem to care. He's not curious. He talks before he thinks and then doubles down. He doesn't really respect other people's opinions and will only make nice for appearances when it suits him. He has to be the best at everything or he suspects the process and its participants. It only follows that he will largely surround himself with yes-men. He already has Sean Spicer doing cartwheels and contortions for him. Others in the administration are already cleaning up after him, spending a good deal of their time "interpreting" his many and varied off-the-wall utterances into acceptable sound nuggets.

And you think this might be the recipe for greatness? Come on, Cap'n.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    #42     Jan 28, 2017
  3. traderob

traderob

He has lots of good people to advise/restrain him. image.jpeg What could go wrong?

#43     Jan 28, 2017
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. Yes he is a bold man who is quite sure of himself. Men like that achieve great things, or they blow up.

#44     Jan 28, 2017
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

how someone could believe this is baffling

#45     Jan 28, 2017
  6. I agree with Here4money. Someone who is sure of himself doesn't have a thin skin and is bothered by every little thing; he isn't petty. Someone who is sure of himself doesn't always have to be right otherwise it's a personal affront. Someone who is sure of himself doesn't double down when he obviously made a mistake; he's big enough to admit when he's wrong. Someone who does all those things is a scared little boy who's afraid of being found to be wanting, and is therefore overcompensating at every turn. It doesn't matter what he has or hasn't achieved in the past. We're talking about the man's nature. That seldom changes, if ever, and even less so later in life.

And as for someone who will either achieve great things or blow up, Captain, that sounds like the guy who ambles up to the roulette wheel and bets everything on red.

Is that the guy you want at the helm?

Personally, I don't think that the guy who shoots first and asks questions later should have access to the nuclear launch codes or be anywhere near them. And yet, there he is. Good luck to all of us.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    #46     Jan 28, 2017
    Cuddles likes this.
  7. Yes he is that risk taker, but there are a few checks and balances so it's not quite as extreme as you suggest. Now is he petty and thin skinned, or is he representing a general attitude of people being totally fed up with media bias and the pc of the Twitter mob? The later are very deserving of the repeated fuck yous they are receiving. So is the rest of the world who have played us for chumps. Can he take this too far? Yes, and that's what I suggested "may" happen. Then again he may be just what the world needs to see in order to reset some balance where we're not being played for fools on every deal. Time will tell. It's much too early to get hysterical about it.

#47     Jan 28, 2017
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

The former of the bolded. Someone who is thick skinned and sure of oneself pays no concern to the opinions of nobodies on twitter.

#48     Jan 28, 2017
  9. Piptaker

Piptaker

I really hope his ego does stay in check, people end up being killed when these leaders start likening themselves to god.

Hillary Clinton couldn't hide her joy when she was killing in Libya.

#49     Jan 28, 2017
  10. Soon as the left, the media and pretty much the entire democratic party quit giving so much time and attention to the ankle biting nobodies, I would expect team Trump to move on. You guys keep bringing up the trivial and call him small and petty when he responds. Why is the left so preoccupied with the trivial to begin with is the better question. If not for the trivial the left would be at a loss for anything to bitch about.

#50     Jan 28, 2017
    W.J. Feathermaker III likes this.