Poll: Will Timmay's Presence Keep You From ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FXTraderWill, Sep 29, 2007.

How does Tim's presence affect your ET viewing?

1. It makes me want to come to ET more

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. It has no effectc on my viewing of the site

20 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. It makes me angry at ET and it becomes harder to justify coming here, and I come less and less as a

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. I have cut my ET time in half or more as a result of Tim

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. Tim made me permanently leave the site. This poll vote may be my last ET action ever if Tim is allo

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. I'm really, really getting sick of the spam. I think the owners of the board are being shortsighted in allowing this douchebag and his ego to spam constantly - I m quite confident that whatever advertising revenue they get from Tim directly as a sponsor they lose in lost traffic to people who see what a joke this site has degenerated to from Tim's contributions alone.

It's actually getting to a point where it's very difficult to ignore. Tim has 2 threads on his DJ newswire review; the one he posted and oen someone else did, yet he religiously defends his book in both. It was probably another alias of his that posted the second review. This is getting out of hand.

The concept behind the book is abusrd. The only way to make his lame story about getting conned out of $700,000 with illiquid securities (why Tim did something so stupid is beyond me) interesting would be if it had valuable life lessons... which Tim wants us to think is the selling point of the book... his humility.

WHAT A JOKE!

HE HAS NO HUMILITY!

He's a SNAKE OIL SALESMAN!

I honestly prefer stocktrad3r to Tim. Stocktrad3r is funny. He's not serious, he just likes to fuck with people who actually believe he believes the shit he says. It's annoying and he takes it too far, and you have to question the mentality of someone who would spend so much time writing as he does - though he does provoke a lot of entertaining replies, so I can see why he would be motivated to do that. But Tim... man... he's just too much.

I'm posting this thread because I'm finding it hard to navigate ET without being spammed to death about Timmy's book and inevitably reading him defending/promoting it. This makes me want to come to the site less. I'm SURE others feel the same way. I believe ET loses pageviews, net-net, and that the revenue lost from people being disgruntled with the site and its acceptance of Tim's antics is not compensated for by whatever Tim pays.

So I propose the following win-win situation to all (except the snake oil salesman douche). ET disallows Tim from spamming about his book or starting ANY new threads on it. Furthermore, any new threads relating to "An American Hedgefund" should get binned - ESPECIALLY if started by Timmay directly or by somoene with under 100 posts. In return for ET's administration doing this, they can enjoy more pageviews, higher revenue, and thus a higher quality of life. The ET viewers can can stop wasting their time having to de-promote Tim's bullshit.

I'm quite sure that this is in everyone's best benefit, my suggestion, however before the admins make a decision, I think seeing the overwhelming support is necessary. So please vote: does ET's validation of Timmay's spam decrease or increase your desire to come to this site?

2. This poll should be in "Feedback" not in "Trading". This has zero to do with trading.

3. slacker

slacker

If you didn't think Timmay had a sense of humor before you have to take a look at this post!!!
    Perhaps I have been wrong, maybe he is indeed humble. Or, he hasn't a clue what the word means!!!

hum·ble /ˈhʌmbəl, ˈʌm-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[huhm-buhl, uhm-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -bler, -blest, verb, -bled, -bling.
    –adjective
    1. not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.
    2. having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.
    3. low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly: of humble origin; a humble home.
    4. courteously respectful: In my humble opinion you are wrong.
    5. low in height, level, etc.; small in size: a humble member of the galaxy.
    –verb (used with object)
    6. to lower in condition, importance, or dignity; abase.
    7. to destroy the independence, power, or will of.
    8. to make meek: to humble one's heart.
    [Origin: 1200–50; ME (h)umble < OF < L humilis lowly, insignificant, on the ground. See humus, -ile]

"I am humble, and you stupid ET followers should bow and show the respect due to someone who is unique and better than all of you. Someone who has failed at managing his fund and is now planning to teach others to do the same... "

Timmay is humble and the rightful LORD of all Hedge Funds; repeat after me!!!!

:D :D

5. Slacker, did it ever occur to you that someone just made up that alias to make Tim look dumb???

6. slacker

slacker

Damn, sure sounded like Timmay!!!!

Great impersonation!! Would have fooled his mother!
    :D

7. You're 100% right.

The only possible justification I can see for having it here is that Tim's threads are rarely where they belong, and many people I suspect have an overwhelmingly strong opinion on this issue that the need for a poll on it in a place where it will get attention is greater than the need for maintaining with rigidity the rules on the site for topic organization.

8. Well, since he pays to be a sponsor here, he has more freedom than you or I.

9. I don't think he's a sponsor in the sense ET intended. For them, a sponsor is someone who provides advertising revenue in return for having the right to sell his snake oil. However, Tim does not provide ET with revenue, even if he pays them money, because he discourages people from viewing the site. The net-net effect of his posting has a negative effect on ET's revenue, and on the overall quality of the site. If more people were aware of these facts, perhaps action can be taken to restore ET to its prior pre-Tim quality; one idea might be a removal of his sponsor status.

If an NAACP community had the KKK as a sponsor, it would decrease the overall revenue of the site, thus the NAACP site would be better off without the KKK sponsoring it. No NAACP site would allow that type of sponsorship. I don't see why ET is making such a short sighted mistake.

Tim is to trading as the KKK is to the NAACP.

10. ssblack

ssblack

LOL Will. KKK to NAACP comparison is priceless.

#10     Sep 29, 2007