POLL: Who shall we liberate next?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Wong Lee

Wong Lee

what are you saying? candle should restrict what he says because...??????

Wong!

#21     Sep 12, 2003
  2. Im saying that even though he is saying in jest to this guy to be a suicide bomber, he should be careful ....time shave changed since 9-11 and there is very little tolerance or humor when it comes to statements like that....did you see the abc news report last night??? If you did you'd know what i was talking about

#22     Sep 12, 2003
  3. maxpi

maxpi

California, it's a Mexican version of Zimbabwe

#23     Sep 12, 2003
  4. Wong Lee

Wong Lee

no, i did not see the abc news report.

the bottom line is, candle should say whatever he wants (unless it's illegal, like slander or something). that's what free speech is all about. a suicide bomber generally makes his own choices, candle isn't his mother.

Wong!

#24     Sep 12, 2003

5. Actually, not true...for the same reason you cannot yell FIRE in a movie theatre or tell somebody Im going to kill you...Freedom of speech does not protect that...but who cares? I was making a suggestion thats all

#25     Sep 12, 2003
  6. Wong Lee

Wong Lee

apples and oranges. candle wasn't making a death threat or anything. so don't compare what candle said to yelling fire in a crowded building. you have no point. try harder next time.

Wong!

#26     Sep 12, 2003

7. Wong:

this is what Candle said.....I told him to be carful when saying things like this....what is the poblem? Im not even talkng to you, so why do you care? Im not going to debate this with you for hours because you don;t seem to understand what is going on.....again: did you see what they did to ABC news? Have you heard about the guy who jokingly said he had a bomb i his briefcase? what don't you understand?

#27     Sep 12, 2003
  8. [​IMG]

#28     Sep 12, 2003
  9. I see TM's point here. Thanks to the unconstitutional 'Patriot Acts', the government can now brand candle (or any of us) a 'terrorist', and lock him up forever without trial, or even access to an attorney.

#29     Sep 12, 2003
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Canada-geese-like-even.jpg

#30     Nov 8, 2023