POLL: Who is most profitable, with reasonable risk?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rcanfiel, Nov 12, 2007.

POLL: On average, who is most profitable (with reasonable risk)?

1. Scalpers

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Day traders

19 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. In near open, out near close

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Those trading in a 2-4 day window

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. Long-term or infrequent traders

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Arbitrageurs

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. Options/LEAPs players

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  8. Trading system/advice Sellers or Authors

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Spreaders

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  10. Buy and hold investors

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. POLL: On average, who is most profitable (with reasonable risk)?

2. achilles28

achilles28

Easy.

Day traders. Good day traders can swing, position trade, or scalp for that matter - as well as day trade.

Just a matter of perspective ;)

Yea, it comes down to opportunity.

The more opportunity you have, all else equal (ie traders skill/profitability), the more money made.

3. Hmmm. Some think that price movements are fractal in nature - that trading monthly, daily, or 5 minute bars are quite similar. Others think not, that they require quite different techniques...

4. achilles28

achilles28

Sure. Opinions abound.

IMHO, longer term trends towards fundamentals yet retains - albeit to a lesser extent - the same technical principles evident on the short term.

Really depends on the instrument as well. Some more technical then others etc.

5. .

6. pv150

pv150

And daytraders win because daytraders think it's daytraders and ET is crawling with em.

BTW, I've seen nothing but failed prop daytraders in just a couple years, during this bull market of all things. Even the rising stars once featured in Trader Monthly churning 100k shares a day...THEY'RE GONE. (Alright,aspiring daytraders, don't take offense. I mean to say "it depends on your style". Honest.)

I vote futures and options, for the well capitalized of course. But that's what I do.

7. .