POLL: Who is Jesus to You?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by rcanfiel, Dec 14, 2007.

POLL: Who is Jesus to You?

1. He is a misquoted/misunderstood jewish rabbi

35 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. He could be the promised messiah, but I don't believe he was God

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. He is God/Creator and His sovereign grace is the singular means to my salvation

45 vote(s)
    30.6%
  4. He was a leader with a cause, like Ralph Nader or Jesse Jackson

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. He was possibly deranged, like Charles Manson or Jim Jones

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. He was an influential teacher, similar to Gandhi

16 vote(s)
    10.9%
  7. He is a prophet of God, similar to Ezekiel or Mohammad

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  8. Following his example & doing good works is the singular means to my salvation

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. He probably never existed

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  10. Something else

15 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. All religions are pathetic, I mean please darling.. walking on water.. virgin births.. rising from the dead?

You'd have to be a child to believe 2000 year old mythology is history

#51     Dec 18, 2007
  2. Just a quick suggestion for you. You might not want to cite Wikipedia as a scholarly text. It might lead some people to believe that you're particularly credulous.

#52     Dec 18, 2007
  3. wikipedia is generally an exccellent source, rumours to the contrary notwithstanding. It is generally cutting edge with regards to things like results from medical studies, scientitifc advances, etc. Dictionaries/encyclopedias can be months to years behind research. Wikipedia is also a rich source of links to other related info.

I find wikipedia bashers are those who have spent little time with it. The occasional party who tries to put in something favorable to themselves or unfavorable to others is usualy spotted. These things are generally quickly reversed by the corp of 1000+ editors and others who use it and complain.

#53     Dec 18, 2007
  4. Science, eg. I mean, please darling - an 11 dimensional universe? a multiverse composed of up to an infinite number of universes? Dark matter? Dark energy?

Pathetic are those who have no clue where we came from, and float their opinions about why everyone else is wrong, when they themselves have no clue.

In other words, if you don't have an answer, then you hardly qualify as an expert on what else is wrong.

"Not gay and proud" (as if someone's orientation needs to be "proud" of)

#54     Dec 18, 2007
  5. "Not gay and proud" (as if someone's orientation needs to be "proud" of)"

I hear ya. I never got that. Just an in your face slogan. People with an identity crisis. Someway to define themselves with the world. Where does one fit in, as if a slogan will help. No one cares. Even fewer care to know. People may be curious, they may ask, but that is not caring. I may meet a gay person, probably the last thing I would ever ask them is if they are proud.

#55     Dec 18, 2007
  6. loik

loik

So because people don`t know everything about the universe one can not claim that we are a product of evolution?

Gays are a minority.

#56     Dec 18, 2007
  7. Well darling I'm an occultist so I know exactly where I came from.. you see all is mind, pure living mind.. you call it god, but what it really should be called is existence, and the universe is an expression of that one mind's self awareness

As for my orientation that could simply be a ruse to root out ignorant hate mongers

#57     Dec 18, 2007
  8. Yes it's a little strange that the black movement went with a similar slogan of pride.. I guess if you have been persecuted by the majority you need to swing it to the other extreme to attain balance.. nothing a pasty white middle class straight boy needs to worry about nuts

You can read about that concept in The Kybalion by the three initiates.. it is one of the great hermetic laws.. the law of polarity

#58     Dec 18, 2007
  9. Turok

Turok

GnP:
    >As for my orientation that could simply be a ruse
    >to root out ignorant hate mongers

LOL -- Nice. I've had an earring in my right ear for about 15 years now that has served the same purpose.

There is little more fun, than shocking and then toying with an IHM.

JB

#59     Dec 18, 2007
  10. I gotta tell you Turok.. If my nickname was lovedapussy the Christians would be on my back about that too :p

#60     Dec 18, 2007