POLL: Who First Got you Into Futures Trading???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rcanfiel, Oct 4, 2007.

Who First Got you Into Futures Trading???

1. Larry Williams

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Ken Roberts

15 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Oscar

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Wade Cook

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. Jake Bernstein

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Joe Ross

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. a Turtle

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Woodie (Ken Wood)

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. a friend

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  10. Someone Else

51 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Well, lets see the brilliance contained in your last 19 or so posts:

I don't trade what I see, I just flip a coin.

Spectra, You have a small penis.

It's not your position size, it's how you use it.

I would say you could flip a coin. Who knows if it will go up or down.

Yes, the chart is from thinkorswim.

This is what you guys waste your time on. You are all losers.

I have a feeling mini me has quit again.

myminitrading is compensating for his rather small genitalia.

Is Jerry Rivers having a temper tantrum?

What is this thread about?

JSSPUNK, Does a Euro have a head on one side and a tail on the other?

Why breathe?

Trading is simple. Unfortunitely, so are traders.

Still trolling.

Still trolling.

In another thread, you stated that your room was at capacity. Why are you still trolling here at ET?

And for the record, I too had a run-in with law enforcement for the same thing as Larry Craig. It was just a big misunderstanding.

JSSPUNK, I thought you were busy flipping coins.

I just got another audit letter form the IRS. It states that I cannot write off visits to gay bath houses for stress relief. Gov, what should I do? I hate Oscar!!!

Yes, you truly add much wisdom to this site...

#11     Oct 5, 2007
  2. I actually think this is a good poll.

Years ago, I thought about assassinating Ken Roberts' at one point, but that would be too easy for his sorry life. His TWMPMM should read "School of HardKnocks".

Now, I actually give him credit for introducing me to the futures market, but nothing more.

#12     Oct 13, 2007
  3. A Ken Roberts pamphlet i got in the mail,then i ordered his course and opened an account at his firm main street trading paying 200.00 round turn

wonder how much money ken has made

#13     Oct 13, 2007

4. I figured it out a few years ago, at the price he was selling the courses and the amount he said he sold it came to $60 million. That didn't include what he makes off his chart company. Must be nice to be a guru.

I do remember in the beginning reading his stuff on options and it made sense. gold options were dirt cheap. i bought a bunch of far out of the money calls for $70 and $90 each (plus $45 for commisions) and 4 weeks later gold spiked 30 dollars to around $300. I sold the options for $2,700 each. Huge score. Too bad that didn't happen all the time. Too bad I didn't get out the day they spiked, they were valued at $3,600 each, but my POS broker didn't call me. I only found out because at the Mets game that night, during the 7th inning stretch they showed financials on the diamondvision board.

#14     Oct 13, 2007
  5. Trading from mainstreet. Starting trading the mini ~2002.

#15     Oct 13, 2007
  6. Aaron

Aaron

Had no idea what a futures contract was until I went to work for Monroe Trout of The New Market Wizards fame in the mid-90's.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#16     Oct 13, 2007
  7. Ken Roberts here, also. I owe this all to the man in the cowboy hat. Never made any money using his TWMPMM approach...

#17     Oct 13, 2007
  8. How you dont have Spydertrader or Jack Hershey on that list I'll never know :p

#18     Oct 13, 2007
  9. Given the large "someone else" percentage, I was wondering who that "Someone Else" might have been?

#19     Dec 26, 2007
  10. morreo

morreo

My someone else was Ray Cahnman.

#20     Dec 26, 2007