POLL: Who engages more in hate and fact distortion? Democrats or Republicans?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Mar 6, 2009.

Who engages more in hate and fact distortion?

1. Democrats

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Republicans

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. I submit that if you're getting your enemies riled then you can measure how well you're doing by how riled they get. :mad:

#11     Mar 6, 2009
  2. Jeremiah Wright, Naom Chomsky, George Soros, Bill Ayers to name a few. Organizations like ACORN and any number of the global warning zealots. Countless websites like daily kos and huffington. Radical right has their nuts too. They just don't have the same support as the left, especially in congress where radical leftism flourishes.

#12     Mar 6, 2009
  3. "Global warning?" I think that was more of a Freudian slip than a typo. :D

I don't know anything about daily kos, but could you explain to me how George Soros and Huffington are actually engaging either in hate or in fact distortion? (Let us not confuse fact dissemination and displeasure with fact distortion and hate.)

#13     Mar 6, 2009
  4. both parties sell out the citizen - the left and the right are actually united on the things that matter

the mindless bickering between the parties is a smokescreen for selling out the country with debt and globalism

Perfect example: in 1992, Bush sr talked about a constitutional amendment to 'protect the flag', Bill Clinton talked about gays in the military, and 3rd pary perot talked about debt and globalism

and they have you in their sites too, as a canadian - NAU is their next agenda

#14     Mar 6, 2009
  5. I am sure the middle class will be pissed sense Obama told them that they were getting a tax cut when in fact they are only getting a tax cut if they choose to this year and then pay the difference next year.

There is no worse fact distortion then lying to people about the money in their own pockets.

#15     Mar 6, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Who engages more in hate and fact distortion?

Democrats or Republicans?"

You guys have democrat and republican political parties in Canada too?

#16     Mar 6, 2009
  7. Actually in Canada we are unfortunate enough to have 2 LIBERAL parties and only 1 conservative one, which you would think would guarantee a liberal government but up here our liberal governments are notorious for stealing money, and are not smart enough to get away with it, and thus somehow still manage to fuck up elections.

#17     Mar 6, 2009
  8. Q
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/27/quote.roosevelt/

Broken Borders: Teddy Roosevelt's words to live by

The following is one of my favorite thoughts on the issue of immigration. It's from President Theodore Roosevelt in a letter to the American Defense Society in 1919, 10 years after his presidency.
    --Lou Dobbs

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

UQ

I think strongly the whole world would never give up wanting to see the unique kind of great American Pride:

- Innovation
    - Vitality
    - Courage
    - Unity
    - Inclusion
    - Diversity
    - Justice
    - Opportunity
    - Synergy
    - Rationality
    - Inquisitiveness
    - Independence
    - Integrity
    - Decency
    - Honesty
    - Truth
    - Optimism
    - Compassion
    - Freedom
    - Humanity
    - Peacebuilding
    - Positivism

Q https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/219075.Franklin_D_Roosevelt

Franklin D. Roosevelt quotes (showing 1-30 of 125)

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's First Inaugural Address

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“When you get to the end of your rope. Tie a knot and hang on.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt, Great Speeches

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Books can not be killed by fire. People die, but books never die. No man and no force can abolish memory... In this war, we know, books are weapons. And it is a part of your dedication always to make them weapons for man's freedom.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. ”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“To reach a port we must set sail –
    Sail, not tie at anchor
    Sail, not drift.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“If you treat people right they will treat you right ... ninety percent of the time.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Presidents are selected, not elected.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt, Looking Forward

“We have always known that heedless self interest was bad morals, we now know that it is bad economics.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Be sincere, Be brief, Be seated.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Freedom means the supremacy of human rights everywhere. Our support goes to those who struggle to gain those rights and keep them. Our strength is our unity of purpose. To that high concept there can be no end save victory.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“It isn't sufficient just to want - you've got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“The Truth is found when men (and Women) are free to pursue it.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“A war of ideas can no more be won without books than a naval war can be won without ships. Books, like ships, have the toughest armor, the longest cruising range, and mount the most powerful guns.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“In these days of difficulty, we Americans everywhere must and shall choose the path of social justice…, the path of faith, the path of hope, and the path of love toward our fellow man.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    UQ

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    #18     Dec 16, 2015
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Forum necromancy is usually looked down on. But in this case, the thread's author makes it amusing.

#19     Dec 16, 2015
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah that thunderdog guy was a real horses ass, i still remember what a d-bag he was to this day. Thankfully the mods banned that loser. :D

#20     Dec 18, 2015
    Tsing Tao likes this.