Poll: Who Cares About # Of Post ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by quickTRADER, Feb 25, 2003.

1. I sagest these simple status ranks:

Disclaimer: Some of the fallowing expressions were overheard on the streets of Brooklyn NY.

1000 posts - F.. unbelievable
    2000 posts - No S..
    3000 posts - Forged aboud id
    4000 posts - Super Elite.
    5000 posts - Elite of the Elite.

At this point simple mortals who did not reach lousy 4000 posts should not be able to view posts of those who have 5000 posts. Elite of the Elite will chat only to each others and only some limited number of trusted moderators who have at least 2000 posts under the belt will have the privilege to convey the words of wisdom to us.

#11     Feb 26, 2003
  2. i really cant believe people can be so lame that they care about how many hours they waste posting useless information, racking up posts, just so they can get the satisfaction of being an "uber-dork". if they took down that stupid list of the top 10 posters, there wouldnt be so many shit posts like :
    :)
    i agree
    LOL
    thats great, man
    i'm a dumbass that can't make money

etc, etc,

#12     Feb 26, 2003
  3. LOL

FRuiTY :)

#13     Feb 26, 2003
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that what is probably more important is the quality of the posts. I mean if someone has come on with only five posts but they have been rock solid type stuff, I would pay much more attention to that person then to some one with 1000 mostly worthless posts.

Brandon

#14     Feb 26, 2003
  5. opm8

opm8

How about a "vote for the member" button on a scale of one to ten. It will start out at a 5 and as people vote for someone the average gets displayed. Kind of like one of those AmIHotOrNot.com's.

This quality of posts meter can then be put by the member's name when they post. And then you can ignore users based on their quality rankings, like "Ignore all members <= 3".

Total wastes of bandwidth like qdz2 (who is incapable of a single post without a :p symbol) and randynutts will not only stay ignored by everyone but will also feel that extra tinge of loneliness knowing just how little everyone else thinks of them.

And this brings me to my final idea: There should be a table that shows a user's name and how many users are ignoring them. The top 10 elitetrader 10z3rz.

Yeah! I am so smart. S-M-R-T.

--opm8

#15     Feb 26, 2003
  6. Opm8,

I agree with you entirely. Theres some good thinking going in your neck of the woods!

Cheers!

#16     Feb 26, 2003
  7. look at the top 10 list; 4 of them know something about trading. However there are a lot more than 4 good traders on this site. That is the proof right there that # of posts is not the best indicator.

#17     Feb 26, 2003
  8. LOOK AT THE POLL LOSERS !!!!!:mad: :mad:

#18     Feb 26, 2003
  9. kowboy

kowboy

Your idea may cut down on some of the nonsensical posts.

Any chance Baron would implement this?

#19     Feb 26, 2003
  10. I agree.

#20     May 15, 2004