Poll: which retail Broker your recommend ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TradeTune, Apr 8, 2020.

Poll: which retail Broker your recommend ?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2020.
  1. TD Ameritrade

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. Fidelity

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. E*TRADE

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Charles Schwab

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. Merrill Edge

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Do you know if i can use wealth lab from Fidelity if my account balance is under 25K ? sorry for my english :)

#21     Apr 9, 2020
  2. WealthSignals

WealthSignals Sponsor

Sorry, WLP is available to U.S.-based Fidelity customers who trade over 36 times in a rolling 12-month period, with a minimum of $25,000 in assets.

-Eugene

#22     Apr 9, 2020
    TradeTune likes this.
  3. So here was are - someone searching high and low for "the best broker" when you worry about a 25K balance. In my opinion you should spend more time on your system, how you want to invest and don't worry about the broker at this point. They will all be fine for low balances

#23     Apr 9, 2020
  4. Gted

Gted

Anyone from Canada to give suggestion for a broker?
    Using Questrade (for TFSA) but i find that it is not really good on the chart and not live as well.
    Thanks.

#24     Apr 10, 2020
    TradeTune likes this.
  5. Thank you for clarification and i like to apologize to you, for my previous post which actually was geared toward why Fidelity is not serving Non-US customers and min 25K. I should have phrased it better , sorry for my English.

#25     Apr 10, 2020
  6. jmp470

jmp470

Bottom Line upfront: I would stick to TradeStation.

I Currently have TD and TradeStation. My original plan was to go with NinjaTrader with a multi broker license, utilizing TD for stocks and one of NT brokers for futures.

However, I really like TradeStation now that I have it set up. Their commissions are on par with NT brokers for futures and they have 0 commission on stocks.

I still like the looks of NT interface, but, it cost significantly more upfront and has higher monthly operating costs to do what I’m doing with TS.

From 2008 to now: I went TD Waterhouse -> Fidelity -> TDAmeritrade -> USAA brokerage account (super expensive compared to others) -> TS

As for tick speed and order placement, I can say TS seems much faster than TD, especially in futures. I was getting owned trying to trade futures in TD, with tight stops.

I remember the trade that made me stop using TD last year. I placed a trade in CL with a 5 tick stop, and I got stopped out, even before my trade showed that it executed. After that, I started transferring money back to my checking account. This was costly as I was transferring shares and money.

I then started investigating other brokers, in the mean time I put my money in a USAA brokerage and was day trading there. It was expensive compared to TD, but I wasn’t going back to TD. TS was running a zero commission promotion for military and first responders, being prior military I jumped on that. I transferred in 40K to start trading their software. Now that I’m comfortable with TS, I’ve transferred my entire portfolio to them.

TS Software: I really like it now that I have customized it to me. It actually took a long time to figure it out and how to best utilize it. I now have my radar setup the way I like it, to include predefined alerts. I have not automated my trading, but I believe TS would allow that.

#26     Apr 11, 2020
    TradeTune and Math_Wiz like this.
  7. Thank you jmp470 for your insight on tradestation. I have decided IB, Tradestation and Ameritrade because i heard nice things about thinkorswim. I installed and tried TOS and i found their strategy builder us very limited with small reserved word ( i used to use Easylangauge 15 years ago and remember it was very developed scripting language back then, that you could code anything, except if you trying to get in and out in seconds.

#27     Apr 11, 2020
  8. In poll i see many voted for Fidelity, what advantage they have over TD Ameritrade? aside from Wealth lab pro ..... Because i don't see many people here posting about Fidelity.

#28     Apr 13, 2020
  9. toby400

toby400

Not sure if this poll is just for Americans ? But AMP Global - for European traders, with small accounts, just starting out - appears to beat the likes of Interactive Brokers (UK). Not that there are any brokers in the UK that caters for beginning small account Futures traders in the UK?

#29     Apr 13, 2020
  10. I have account with IB for trading, And Tradestation for learning to test only.

TDAmeriTrade doesn't open account in my country. I want to open another Brokerage
    account That has good choice of solid platforms and Size of company is import to me also.
    any recommendation for stocks Trading brokerage?

#30     May 14, 2020