Poll: Which Is Your Favorite Forex Broker?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Nana Trader, Dec 13, 2003.

1. What a misconception, this is... You do not have to go long in one and short in the other, you can simply put in an OCO order and bracket the trade price before the eco release. It's a volatility play, just like any other play. The key is to know when to get out of the trade. Not always easy.

#21     Jan 4, 2004
  2. staq

staq

I have 3 different forex accounts and if I was to choose the best of the three I would have to say Oanda.

Reasons:

1) Tight spread

2) Although higher spread over the weekend they do allow trading. This allowed me to get out of a short USD position and turn around and go long USD on the morning Saddam was captured. Some luck involved on my timing but it was great to be able to take advantage of the situation.

3) Continuous interest paid on open positions.

4) Great platform!

I would also add that I use my other accounts to open positions on Sunday night when the Oanda spread is still wide. Unless I have too, I don't pay the wide spread.

STAQ

#22     Jan 4, 2004
  3. I'm just curious. Who are the other two market makers?

#23     Jan 5, 2004
  4. Who protects the capital at these places? Do you need to put capital with them or can you put it elsewhere and still trade through them?

#24     Jan 5, 2004
  5. Here is a link to my broker recommendation site.

Some quick details about a number of brokers.

Regards,

#25     Jan 10, 2004
  6. I have downloaded the GFT demo. The platform seems very flexible and user friendly.

Has anyone used this firm? Any comments?

Also I have been using the IFX demo. While I have not found their platform as easy to use or as flexible as GFT's, I have been encouraged to use IFX by my firm. I am not sure why, nor does any deal they may have affect me at all. I am free to use whatever bank or fx dealer I choose.

I see that IFX is not on the list on the poll. ??

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    :)RS

#26     Jan 11, 2004
  7. Error 404: I have used their demo extensively. I also used GFT Forex in a live acct.

I think their short term (up to 15 minute) charts are the best (free) on the net for indicative purposes.

I had trouble while trading off their charts in my live acct - ended up closing it. I still use their charts though to speculate because I like the charts' "feel" but trade live with another brokerage. Their feed seems to be very accurate.

If you trade with them be aware that wysMAYNOTBEwyg as far as trading live with their charts. That has been my experience with them.

Regards,

#27     Jan 12, 2004
  8. #28     Jan 13, 2004
  9. Why, specifically, do you claim that, Baruch?

Regards,

#29     Jan 13, 2004