Poll: Which Is Your Favorite Forex Broker?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Nana Trader, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Hi shellback,

I lurk around moneytec on occasions, but have yet to contribute. Mostly to check-up on Mike Yap! Maybe I'll register next week. I'm been under constant pressure to manage funds for family and a few friends, so I'm thinking of running a 'public account' for 12 months (a bit like your web-page). After that it will be fair game as they will have a better idea of the volatility they are likely to experience. Maybe moneytec is now more appropriate to where I am right now - we shall see.

I apologize to others who don't know me that this (my 2nd post here) is a bit off-topic!

~chaffcombe

#11     Dec 14, 2003
  2. Oh yeah - another advantage to OANDA 's platform is 24/7 trading - very useful in circumstance like today's news from Iraq.

#12     Dec 14, 2003
  3. Sheach

Sheach

Yeh, have to agree with you there. I use CMS as I love their charts and because you can't do anything to trades out of hours (weekends), I was caught a bit on Monday's open with regards to my open positions. Nothing too serious, but I wish I had been with Oanda...

#13     Dec 20, 2003
  4. guarantee overnight stop loss positions?

what happens when there is news that seems to gap the market

like last sunday evening ?

on another thread someone claimed their broker

guaranteed their stop loss order ...

only way I can see that happenning is
    if the firm pairs ( crosses) their order with someone
    else's buy limit or sell limit order at the gap price
    opening

#14     Dec 20, 2003
  5. Cutten

Cutten

I'm not too keen on keeping stops with an FX broker - what is to prevent them quoting the market outside your stop for a micro-second, triggering it, and then going back to a normal market quote?

Also if the guaranteed stops thing is legit, with no "false" triggering of stops, then why not just open two accounts at separate brokers, then before major economic figures just go long in one account and short in another, with a close stop, and any move beyond that stop is pure "free money".

Surely the firms wouldn't allow themselves to get picked off like this?

#15     Dec 31, 2003
  6. Sheach

Sheach

Cutten,

I'm pretty well okay in those situations as I don't place stops. No need to as I trade off daily charts. When I use to trade much smaller time frames, I always felt that my stops were hunted down and executed and then the trade would continue in my favour (conspiracy??). Ever since I have gone to daily charts, made plenty more without the stress and a lot less losers...

#16     Dec 31, 2003
  7. if i were to return to the spot market, FXCM would be my broker of choice since they enable you to stream their data thru trade station, which will create the best analytics in the forex universe.

best,

surfer:)

#17     Dec 31, 2003
  8. #18     Dec 31, 2003
  9. VictorS

VictorS

What was it abount forex.com that left you "unimpressed?" In other words, what more do other brokers offer? New to forex, here.

#19     Jan 4, 2004
  10. Eriksson

Eriksson

I trade small account @ oanda

Oanda has tight spread (not important to me though)

No lots, you can trade $1 if you like

Quite good platform, works in Linux also

You can select leverage, and change it from 20-50 in few secs

Stops and losses work ok (slippage.. yes perhaps, but work both ways)

possible to withdraw any amount from open positions without closing them. (my way of cutting losses (hedging))

Downtime close to zero, easy to enter fast marked.

My first and only broker so far..

best,
    E

#20     Jan 4, 2004