POLL : Which IB template you use? CLASSIC TWS or MOSAIC ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TradeTune, May 20, 2020.

POLL: Which IB template you use? CLASSIC TWS or MOSAIC ?

1. CLASSIC TWS

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. MOSAIC

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Hi all,

I am learning to use Classic TWS and i feel it's one of superior platform n term of
    features and all in one platform after searched many platforms in market, and i am getting very comfortable using it after spending a lot of time on it.

The whole purpose of creating this thread, Any chances IB is trying to get rid of Classic TWS in future?

I really don't like Mosaic and can't understand why anyone has to use Mosaic, as Classic version much better interface and user friendly.

2. I use MOSAIC but I don't really know why you would use CLASSIC.

The only time I needed to use it was when doing FX conversions, but that's only because it wasn't working in the other one.

3. It's more User friendly to average eye as it has more visual interface. Example icons in tool bars, and being able to configure how the interface and icons in trading tools, help you to remember lot faster what the tools are for and what they do can.

As i have not used Mosaic much, as long as if it has all tools available in classic, then it should be fine.

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. Can you tell me where is the "ORDER TICKET" window in Mosaic? i have to search.

In classic Version, it's right on your face, you don't even have to know how to use the platform to place an order. I think Classic version (Microsoft excel lookalike platform) is what brought lot of traders to use IB TWS

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. I don't know. I just use the "ACTIVITY" window that has "ORDERS" and "TRADES" tabs.

6. And can you tell me how to resize windows (not minimize/maximize) ?

7. You just unlock the windows (click padlock icon) and drag the edge of the window.

TradeTune likes this.
  8. I think I'm doing it wrong. I started with IB just a couple of months ago and the learning curve on Mosaic was not fun. I finally learned how to easily place OCO orders, among many other basic things in my setup, but it certainly took an investment of time. Sounds like Classic was the easier interface I was looking for. Guess I should have researched this one prior, lol.

TradeTune likes this.
  9. Mosaic is text menus, Classic is Icon Menus ..... it's lot easier for any brain to remember a picture than remembering a text. Makes sense to me at least .

That's what Microsoft did when he introduced Ribbons, and people were crying in the beginning, but later they realized why it is way better.

Actuarial_Fun likes this.
  10. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Long-time, *strong* TWS proponent here...

I way-totally dug the spreadsheet approach, as well as the fact that there are two, three -- even *four* ways to do any one thing. WOW.

Does TWS have a long Learning Curve? Sure -- but that is because of all the ways to do any ONE thing: TWS is for *traders*. So as it stands, there are as many ways to make a specific trade as there are methods in TWS to *emulate* that trading pattern. Easy? Perhaps not. But FLEXIBLE?? A thousand times "Yes!"

So "Suck it up." and pay the TWS piper. Take the time to tailor TWS to *you*. It *will* be worth it.

#10     May 20, 2020
    TradeTune and Actuarial_Fun like this.