POLL: Which author on options methodologies do you rate most highly?

Discussion in 'Options' started by candletrader, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Bob and I traded with CRT back in the 1980's as well...they're good....but Blair sold majority stake for half a Billion, not too shabby.

This is certainly not some type of competition....which floor do you trade on BTW...CBOE, which pit?

Don

#11     Nov 3, 2003
  2. =========================
    Candletrader;

Have to put
    Jack Schwagers book picks at the top of the top traders;
    Mark Weinstein [nickname - high percentage trader]
    :cool:
    Blair Hull
    Tony Saliba

Big Trends & writer Price Headly are good direction & good names, puns intended.

David Caplan

:cool:
    ============================================

Is Bernie Schaeffer 's book worth $33 ??? -Yes,
    even if one does not understand or not trade stock options or not subscribe to his news letter.
    Stock info worth it.

#12     Nov 4, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don,

Not on the CBOE anymore. Use to be in the XLNX, VOD, Ercy, MRVC pit and also the NSOL pit. Forgot the post numbers.

#13     Nov 5, 2003
  4. I figured you were an ex floor trader...you seem to have a much better understanding than most.....As I said before, if you get to Vegas, give me a holler!!

Don 702.739.1393

#14     Nov 5, 2003
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Taleb

#15     Nov 5, 2003
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

#16     Nov 5, 2003
  7. sle

sle

Hull is a good intro text book, but has very little to do with real life trading. It is a must-read, though. Pauls book is ok (again, as an intro to quant finance), but his treatment of IR derivatives is horrible - he concentrates too much on his perception of "life as stochastic PDE". In your profile I saw that you want to trade derivatives upon graduation - I would suggest reading Credit Derivatives by Tavakoli. It is more trader oriented and she does not concentrate on quantitative aspects as much.

#17     Nov 6, 2003
  8. ChrisM

ChrisM

Yeah, this one is definitely missing in your poll

#18     Nov 7, 2003