Poll: What's your take on today's rally?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Mar 6, 2007.

What's your take on today's rally?

1. Dead cat bounce

53 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. The start of another bull run

21 vote(s)
    28.4%
  1. "caught the bulls off guard"

I read that short interest on nyse was down last month, my take "it caught the shorts off gaurd".

Secondly, Re; continued bull market? I'll stick by the Traders almanac and the presidential cycle. The market still has a ways to go up.

#21     Mar 6, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

if there is a recession you should just forget about what the almanac says

#22     Mar 6, 2007

3. When I woke up this morning the Dow Mini was up 100 points on 5000 contracts. Volume today was the lightest since the sell off.

I would be more impressed with the bulls if we opened down a tad then rallied all day. The bias was up today but 2/3 of the gains came overnight.

#23     Mar 6, 2007
  4. "if there is a recession you should just forget about what the almanac says"

Forget history. What is important is todays news and who says it and how it'll be defined a "recession".

#24     Mar 6, 2007
  5. i think its got legs
    from my perspective the institutions got long and defended well

lets see if they can hold it the rest of the week

#25     Mar 6, 2007
  6. Arnie

Arnie

I say we go higher, sellers just gonna stpe aside for now. I bet we finish the summer below where we are now though.

#26     Mar 6, 2007
  7. Today, the up-volume compared to the sum of up- and down-volume posted by the NYSE (up/up + down) never dropped below 80-percent up volume and closed out at 94-percent up volume. Think of this as a volume weighted advance decline line. There was a lot of buying today. My chart is an overlay chart of the S&P 500 and the up-volume percentage for the last few days.

I post this chart late in the morning each day at my blog, ww.hartleandflow.com.

#27     Mar 6, 2007
  8. I can't seem to upload charts. The NYSE Volume Ratio Chart I just mentioned is posted at my blog, www.hartleandflow.com.

#28     Mar 6, 2007
  9. this is a bounce that may last a few days, but the next drop will be scary before we either continue higher or drop even lower to Jun-Jul 2006 lows. i doubt we are bouncing from a "V" bottom after such a large 5% drop in a few days, but we'll see http://lauristonletter.blogspot.com/

#29     Mar 6, 2007