POLL - What's your average YM Stop?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by shortorlong, Mar 23, 2008.

What is your average YM Stop?

1. 0-10

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. 10-25

21 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. 25-50

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. 50-75

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 75-100

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. 100-150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 150+

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. I still believe that the question is valid. The question is asking for an average ym stop. You have one whether you know it or not and it's a single value.

I'm not asking what the best stop is, or what stop you recommend. I'm trying to get a feel for what average stops people are using, from this I can get a feel for what type of swing sizes or risk levels people are working with. It's not to say that we should adopt whatever is the most popular, every strategy, every trader, and every trade dictate different stop requirements - but that is not to say that information cannot be gathered from this thread.

Some questions we are answering

- What is the average of average stops that people are using?

- What is the mode of average stops that people are using?

- What is the average today, compared to what it will be in 3 months if I create this poll again?

- Who is using a stop-level similar to my own? Should I talk to these people about what their target levels are like?

- Who is using a stop-level much greater than my own? Should I look at what capitalization they are using? What size-up/size-down strategy they are using?

- Who is using a stop-level much lower than my own? If I am finding the losses too large, should I approach these people and consider 'tightening up'? What is the % profitable trade for these tight stoppers?

All kinds of stuff... The error is only made when people interpret the data, not when people pose the question.

#11     Mar 25, 2008