POLL: What's the most violent religion?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by americanhero, Feb 25, 2012.

violent religion

1. Christianity

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Buddhism

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Islam

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. All are equally bad

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. What was the religion of those who murdered Jesus Christ?

#11     Feb 25, 2012
  2. Um, only your people, which was actually the goal. That's the equivalent of "I quit", in P&R. So I am happy with that. It's a notch. Feel free to follow as that is what you best, beta.

#12     Feb 25, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

I have "people" here? I didn't know. Another generalization and inaccuracy on your part.

As long as you are OK with being ignored, good. I'll probably start ignoring your silly, contradictory comments soon, too.

#13     Feb 25, 2012
  4. +1 The ignore feature is most employed by intellectual cowards.
    Another example of the ignore feature so cherished by the narrow minded righties to avoid having to think outside their box. The contact with a different idea is too much for them.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

"People with lower cognitive abilities also had less contact with people of other races.
    "This finding is consistent with recent research demonstrating that intergroup contact is mentally challenging and cognitively draining, and consistent with findings that contact reduces prejudice," said Hodson, who along with his colleagues published these results online Jan. 5 in the journal Psychological Science."

#14     Feb 25, 2012
  5. rew

rew

This is a thread intended to create flame wars, of course, but what the hell -- let me propose an additional option:

o Atheism

This is the official "religion" of the Communist Party. Which has resulted in the deaths of tens of millions of people in the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, and Cambodia.

It's hard to beat that, at least within the last century.

I say this as an agnostic myself. Just someone who realizes that a person's religion (or lack of it) has little to do with how good a person he is.

#15     Feb 26, 2012
  6. Duly noted, thank you for that contribution:)

#16     Feb 26, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

The English tea trade, in one century, is estimated to have killed 40 million people. That's just one colonial power, trading one commodity, for one century.
    So, I vote Commerce as the most violent religion.

#17     Feb 26, 2012
  8. real bullsh!t... religion had nothing to do with deaths of millions.
    you americans don't know geography,you dont know history (except that of your own country)... so you better shut up.
    The question of the poll should be: Who kill more people christians or muslims?
    or judaism?
    ...by the way... about millions dead
    NKVD:
    created a secret political police, the Cheka, led by Felix Dzerzhinsky (JEW... i suspect atheist :D )
    GULag's chiefs:
    1. Teodors Eihmans 1930
    2. Lazar Kogan up to 1932
    3. Matvei Berman till august 1937
    4. Israel Pliner till november 1938
    1930-1938... millions were killed.
    in 1938 Stalin came to his most power and kicked these bloody jews out.

#18     Feb 27, 2012
  9. You left out Scientology

#19     Feb 27, 2012