Poll: What's the Best Way to Trade FX - Futures, IB's ECN Model, or Corrupt Brokers?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by aeliodon, Sep 26, 2007.

What's the Best Way to Trade FX - Futures, IB's ECN Model, or Corrupt Brokers?

1. Futures

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. IB's ECN Model

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Thru Shady and Corrupt Brokers

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Other, please explain

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. I'm trading E7 futures right now, and I'm fine with it since I'm doing swing trading. However, the volume is really thin which makes me hesitant to trade it more actively.
    I hear that IB has an ECN model. Explain that to me, how does that work?
    And I've heard so many stories of underfunded, shady, and corrupt brokers that I'm not even going to consider that route.

2. inet

inet

why not 6E?

3. I didn't know about 6e. I looked it up, I see its a Euro futures contract that trades on CME. I can pull it up on IB for some reason. But why is it better than e7? Its probably a larger contract than e7.

4. cstfx

cstfx

The best way to trade currencies?

get a prime with a tier 1 bank and trade directly with the interbank market (bank to bank, broker to broker) Need about 10MM lying around.

But if you can't do that, than an ECN, like IB or FxAll, or Hotspot, or MBT or just about any Currenex vendor. You'll need alot less than 10MM (min's starting at 400 US)

5. cvds16

cvds16

it's the big futures contract on euro, where the real volume is.

6. The big futures contract has plenty of liquidity for virtually any retail trader, plus you have the security of exchange clearing and a transparent globex platform.

7. trade spot with oanda. this way you can take advantage of the carry trade (interest positive) if you wish.

I've never traded FX with futures, but don't you have to pay the spread anyways if you're going to hit the bid or take the offer plus pay the commission? If it is like equities and you can limit join the bid or offer, you're essentially waiting for the momentum to run over you to get your fill. Being on the wrong side of the trade to save the spread is going to hurt you more in the long run. Guaranteed.

8. I can't seem to pull up 6E on IB for some reason. Do I need a special market data subsription? Just wanted to ask before I call up IB.

9. jemaran

jemaran

the underlying on globex is EUR

10. Got it, thanks.

#10     Sep 27, 2007