POLL: What kind of a LANDING will the US Economy Have?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PohPoh, Oct 17, 2006.

US Economy's Landing

1. A perfect landing! Goldilocks, a pizza, and a 6 pack awaits

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Everything will be fine but geopolitical risks abound

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Nice with a few strong bumps

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. A hard landing with severe jolts, and afterwards a great buying opportunity

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  5. Disintegrate on impact. US Economy crippled and headed to Depression

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Just curious as to the consensus..
    I've been hearing everything from Goldilocks to crippling Japanese-Style Deflation...

2. Perhaps your first poll should have asked if the U.S. economy was currently in ascent or descent. Then again, that too should be prefaced with actual definitions of the two.

-Raystonn

3. Surprising that most people have come to the conclusion that we are headed for a hard landing, the thing that troubles me is how much the US is spending on the Iraqi war with no end in sight.

I sort of believe we are headed for a hard landing, maybe not to the scale of the Great Depression, but a period of maybe minimal growth.

SI

4. A landing of any kind requires a descent. Tell me, do you honestly equate "less growth" with descent? That sounds more like a slower rate of ascension. Wake me up when we actually start descending, or if the stewardess comes by with honey roasted peanuts.

-Raystonn

5. Arnie

Arnie

Maybe we already landed.

6. S2007S

S2007S

Im sure if you asked this question last week this would have been the #1 answer. This would have received more than 50% of the votes.

A perfect landing! Goldilocks, a pizza, and a 6 pack awaits

7. S2007S

S2007S

The media is painting a bright picture for the economy saying a "soft landing" is on the way. Talk of a Goldilock economy is mentioned about 3940522 times a day on cnbc.

I think were headed for a hard landing, housing is what will lead us there. As ARMS reset and more houses go into foreclosure it will only create a domino effect throughout the economy. Recession is most likely to happen in the second half of 2007.