POLL: What is your religious faith?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rcanfiel, Oct 31, 2007.

POLL: Which best describes your religious faith?

1. Buddhist

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Catholic Christian

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Muslim

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Hindu

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Atheist / Secular / Agnostic

29 vote(s)
    42.0%
  6. Orthodox Christian

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. Something Else

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. Jewish

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. Biblical/Evangelic Christian

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  10. Protestant Christian

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Turok

Turok

LOL

"You'd like to think that wouldn't you" (from one of my favorite movies)

JB

PS: at least the wheels of *my* car arrive with the rest of it. :)

#51     Nov 2, 2007
  2. PS the wheels of *your* car aren't part of your car?

what an idiot :p

#52     Nov 2, 2007
  3. Interesting post. Sort of a blend of Zen and Nietzsche. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Hans

#53     Nov 2, 2007
  4. apparently you don't know either Zen or Nietzsche

#54     Nov 2, 2007
  5. Very eloquent and to the point, I admit.

Your reasoning leads from the slight probability that you will fall victim to the assumption that everyone is a possible culprit and possibly out to get you. This is flawed reasoning.

The fact that you may be harmed by someone is often accidental, not even on purpose. It just happens, like an ant getting trampled. Nobody is out to get you.

The protection is 'not being scared'. Fear is at the basis of nearly all human disturbances and I think your problem is a good example.

You sound like a very rational person: try to reason how great the chance is you will get trampled, and how great the chance that that happened on purpose. Is it reasonable to view everyone as a potential enemy just because maybe someday someone will accidentaly step on your toe?

Then try to imagine what the worst is that could happen if and when you get trampled. You'll survive and be stronger.

Face your fear, name it and dismiss it, it really works.

As for boredom, I know what you mean. It could be sign of psych disease. If it is what I think there is not much remedy but there are ways to make life easier. Did you have it examined?

Ursa..

#55     Nov 2, 2007
  6. I will get more into this. But for now, the short answer is:

The only defense that cannot be turned against you is a perception of universal, all-inclusive innocence that simultaneously includes yourself and everyone you think of as "other".

Nothing and no one can be left out of this perception in order for the defense to be "bullet proof".

The metaphysics that I am explaining detail the reason you can view this way, and be completely backed up by reality.

It's actually the truth. Now all one need do is satisfy the ego's habitual resistance to truth. To do this you apply reason...a form of logic that the ego cannot withstand, since it has no real defense against reasonableness.

In other words, ONENESS trumps divisiveness all day long whenever reason is allowed to lead to truth...or whenever truth is not put on ignore.

The ego is about "divide and conquer". A divided world "proves" that there are victims. It teaches you this constantly. But truth teaches consistently, to those who will stop listen. There are no "holes" in reason's arguments in favor of truth. Reason is "seamless".

This is the ego's world. The entire universe of time and space is a defense against the truth. Ingenious, yes. Real, no.

Jesus

#56     Nov 2, 2007
  7. GOD, this thread makes me feel so pious.. sooo guilty

for give me father for i have sinned.

my confession:

The road is long
    With many a winding turn
    That leads us to who knows where
    Who knows when
    But I'm strong
    Strong enough to carry him
    He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
    His welfare is of my concern
    No burden is he to bear
    We'll get there
    For I know
    He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
    I'm laden with sadness
    That everyone's heart
    Isn't filled with the gladness
    Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
    From which there is no return
    While we're on the way to there
    Why not share
    And the load
    Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother

He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

#57     Nov 2, 2007
  8. Turok

Turok

This would be the Ztroll's Longshot imitation.

LOL

JB

#58     Nov 2, 2007
  9. Apparently you don't know either God or Neil Diamond.

#59     Nov 2, 2007
  10. If you think his commentary had any traction, then you are to be pitied. When a blind rooster keeps crowing at all hours of the night because it has no idea when dawn occurs, you shut the window or turn it into stew. I chose to shut the window.

My worldview is unchanged and I am doubtfree. If you say anything of value or interesting (which seems doubtful), I will be happy to respond. This post of yours was little beyond 4th grade understanding.

#60     Nov 2, 2007