POLL: What is your economic collapse strategy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rcanfiel, Oct 24, 2007.

POLL: What is your economic collapse strategy (now or in future)

1. stock up on gold/diamonds/silver instruments

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. muddle through

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. stock up on high-quality/govt bonds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. move to a country that should hold up well

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. I think my trading will get me through

20 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. stock up on food, barterables, alternative power, cabin in the woods, guns, etc....

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. when it happens, use my resources to buy up land & other stuff cheap (eg, vulture investor)

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  8. diversified holdings: diff currencies, stocks, hard goods

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. go short on certain markets I think will plunge (US$, Euro, stocks, etc.)

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  10. open my own biz, go back to school, get a diff job

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. POLL: What is your economic collapse strategy

2. I don't see alcohol abuse in your list.

And what's with all the polls??

3. I'd read that basically we have ten days on the food chain. So you'd need more than 10 days worth of food to out last the average Joe, because a large number of people will be out at the exact same time. First day of collapse will repeat on the tenth day.

I believe there is more money stuffedin/under the mattress than we realize. Some people will pay too much for the first round of "bargains".

I think keeping your cool during successive waves of panic will be important.

On the flip side, keep a lawyer on retainer, sumbody needs to sue sumbody for sumpin. Schumer will publicly state again for the umpteenth time we need to release our oil reserves, Greenspan will warn of recession, Timmay will include a free pashmina (choice of color) with each purchase of his dvd.

4. .

5. I'm scouting good looting areas...
    And building the infrastructure required for a professional looting operation.

6. LMAO!

7. I agree with your 'money in the mattress' statement - there are way too many bargain hunters out there. Fade the first round, perhaps the second.

Also, do you notice how many of these types of threads are popping up lately?
    Does that make it a good contrarian indicator? Might this be the long-term top of gold once again and the beginning of a huge rally in the US equities? (don't think so, but room for discussion exists)

8. Lol. What annoys me, when they had that steam pipe explosion on Park Ave and they locked the workers out of the office building yet somehow all the laptops and misc, money and I think even a piece of art work disappeared by looters. No one is going to protect you in civil emergencies. The only thing that is safe is Shania Twain cd's. Wasn't that the only thing left at WMT in NOLA?

9. Assets. They will get you through anything...

10. R u Serious?

When it all comes crashing down many of you will go with it.

Those who are not "leveraged" or have "Debt" will smoke some good hash, kick back and relax.

Our fridge will be stocked as will our Sub Zero's, full of plent of treats.

Idiots......when it comes crashing down, everyone will be caught by surprise! Even those fucking fools that think they have their "shelters" in place and plan's in order.

#10     Oct 28, 2007