POLL: what is wrong with candletrader

Discussion in 'Politics' started by darkhorse, Mar 26, 2003.

1. There aren't any other decent message boards on the net... ET is the only one...

#21     Mar 26, 2003
  2. ... a phenomenon which is especially tough on those who have been successful in all other life pursuits, only to be mauled by the learning curve of trading...

#22     Mar 26, 2003
  3. I agree with you Stu (and you Commisso), and irony has it's place- it's the treatment and choice of subject matter that made me angry... do we see Leno and Letterman making jokes about September 11th and poking fun at redneck patriots supporting the troops? Some stuff just isn't funny. The sheer hypocrisy and callousness of it is what pisses me off, and why I chose to say something instead of just using the ignore button.

And I doubt he has much of a point left to make... when a debater abandons reasonable exchange and turns to outright mockery, it's usually the case that they have little left to say in defense of their position.

p.s. no offense brother candle- i just don't like you

#23     Mar 26, 2003
  4. irony

#24     Mar 26, 2003
  5. truth.

#25     Mar 26, 2003
  6. Confyoozus say: true enemy better than false friend

Him also say: in quest for open mind, do not embrace empty one

#26     Mar 26, 2003
  7. so candle ruffled a few feathers...

wow.

never had that happen before...

#27     Mar 26, 2003
  8. Thank you for your vote of confidence, Brother daniel_m...

#28     Mar 26, 2003
  9. no big deal, candle.

i won't necessarily agree with all you say (or even very much of it), and i won't defend to death your right to say it,

but i won't hold it against you for saying it.

depending on which part of the world you're in, your comments would be well received as words of wisdom.

perceptions are all we have..

#29     Mar 26, 2003
  10. I must concede that I don't usually agree with you on various issues... but I wholeheartedly agree with this post of yours... it shows a great deal of maturity and is very profound... thank you Brother daniel_m, for words which all of us should take some time out to ponder upon...

#30     Mar 26, 2003