POLL: What is the World's Most Evil Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by candletrader, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Maybe not "most" Muslims, but very significant numbers either (a) do do just that or (b) wholeheartedly support such actions and the Koranic justification for such actions and (c) have very significant portions of the religious leadership, which in Islam is endowed with the responsibilty of determining what passes for good Islam that demand just such actions.
    As I'm sure we are in agreement that such actions are "evil", then one must surely at least acknowledge that it is at least a debatable point whether the religion itself ought to be classified as such.
    And, within the context of this thread, if we admit that all religions, or at least all three judaic religions, have some rather unsavory aspects, then Islam would qualify as the most evil.

#71     Dec 2, 2003
  2. it is about relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Anybody slaughtering people in the name of God is in error.
    In the old testiment Isreal was under theocratic rule thus they were under direct order from God to take the land of Cannan.
    God instructed them to "KILL" not murder the inhabitants of the land.

The issue is KILL vs. murder.

Killing is the act of taking a life in just retrobution and judgement for sin.

Murder is the act of taking an innocent life without just cause.

God's instruction to wipe out the inhabitants of Cannan was by devine judgement against sin and therefore a just killing as the penalty for sin.

The question that you must ask yourself is why are you and I still alive? We are NOT without sin yet we still exist as a form of God's mercy because when we were yet sinners God sent his only beggotton son Jesus who died for your sins and mine.

#72     Dec 2, 2003
  3. anyone doubt religious people need psychiatric help? :-/

#73     Dec 2, 2003

4. How do you explain the origins of the universe?

#74     Dec 2, 2003
  5. lol...

if you're really interested, use the search function. been through this 300x already......

#75     Dec 2, 2003
  6. Guardian Angel, you are obviously new here. Believe me when I tell you you are wasting your time with these guys. You'll only serve to waste your time and become infuriated doing it. Trust me on this one.

#76     Dec 2, 2003
  7. Do you believe in evolution?

#77     Dec 2, 2003
  8. obviously.. lol :D

#78     Dec 2, 2003
  9. yea because we can't lose and your type can't win. i'd be frustrated, too.:p

#79     Dec 2, 2003
  10. So then I assume that you concure with the evolutionary theory of Macroevolution and the translation of species from one to another?

Example: an Ape becomes a Frog?

#80     Dec 2, 2003