POLL: What is the World's Most Evil Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by candletrader, Nov 29, 2003.

1. There's no evil religion, there's no bad religion, either.

With or without religion, someone can be as kind as ever, and can be as evil as ever, too.

There are good people with religion this, but there are also bad ones.

There are good people with religion that, but there are also the bad ones.

However, some people have become more and more twisted by killing people on the name of his/her religion. I think they're just a bunch of nuts. No, their religion's OK, it's just them who's NOT OK.

So, my answer would be 'NONE'.

#31     Nov 30, 2003
  2. Cultural relativism. Are you saying that Aztec religion wasn't evil?
    They sacrificed (murdered) virgins for God.

Muslims are commanded to live their lives as the Prophet Mohammad led his. Mohammad was a terrorist gang leader who devoted his life to leading his band of thugs around raping and pillaging because he beleived God was talking to him.

Rational Muslims like Karzai or Jordan's Hussein are NOT practicing Islam as Prophet Mohmmad intended.

Bin Laden, Arafat, and Mohammad Atta practice this sick twisted death cult religion correctly.

P.S. Spare me the "who the hell are you, some kinda expert" comments. I actually am. I speak basic Arabic and know the Muezzien's call to prayer by heart from hearing it so many times.

#32     Nov 30, 2003

3. Quite right Commisso old pal :)p ) - I stand corrected, you did pose the question but I don't think the implications were addressed so I thought I'd shine a little more light on the subject.

I commend your intellectual honesty in selecting answer A and not shying away from the major can of worms that comes with... I'm a D man myself as I'm sure you would guess.

just wanted to connect the dots for those who forget that no one gets a free ride on the metaphysics train.

#33     Nov 30, 2003
  4. Most definately a can of worms attached, but as I said, I have no choice in the matter, so I must live the way I feel is best, and just have a lil faith in humanity...

I am glad you found the proof you needed to be a D man. The world might be a lil less gruesome if we were all D men, but then it wouldn't be the world I know and I wouldn't trade this one for anyother...

PEACE to you as always...
    Commisso

#34     Nov 30, 2003
  5. Rearden,

Actually, i'm not going to say the 'who the hell are you, some kinda expert' stuff. I don't even care if you're an expert or not.

:)

Well, all I can say, fortunately, not all the students follow the path of the teacher. And, not all teachers are good, too. Sometimes their students are better in practicing the same thing than their teachers. Err.. you know what I mean.

By the way, about ancient religions, including Incans, do they count as 'religion'?

About raping and pillaging, it was some sort of 'common tradition' among the conquering armies of the past, regardless what their religions were.

I don't know, if the Prophet was ordered by God to do that. But if he was, maybe he might have mis-heard His words.

That's all for now.

I hope I don't ignite a furore by my postings.

Oh, about Bin Laden and other extremists, well, they need some religious therapy to rehabilitate their minds.

:)

Cheers!

#35     Dec 2, 2003
  6. Yes there is a method to distort Islam into a truly peaceful religion. It's called Sufi Islam, but this is wildly unpopular these days as it is not the violent blood cult which the prophet Mohammad intended to create. Sufi Muslims don't even get 72 virgins in Allah's whorehouse in the sky- this takes all the fun out of murdering innocent bus passengers.

Bin Laden is NOT perverting Islam. He is the ideal, 100% faithful Muslim, practicing Islam exactly as prophet mohammad commanded and demonstrated with his own terrorist actions.

#36     Dec 2, 2003
  7. “He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed” (Exodus 22:20). “If thou shalt hear say . . . Certain men . . . saying, Let us go and serve other gods . . . Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword” (Deuteronomy 13:12-15). “That whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman” (2 Chronicles 15:13).

Oooopppssss.... I guess christians ARE supposed to KILL
    people like me :D

It's not JUST those damn islamic dudes.... :D

Think you KNOW your god? Take this quiz here:
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0601/biblepunishment.html

Or take a quick peek at the answers here:
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0601/answers.html

Noooooooooo...... christians are NEVER commanded to hurt people.
    Whateeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeer :D

More goodies here:
    http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/atrocity.shtml

Do christians actually ever READ their own bible?
    Seems most just listen to the drivel poured into their heads
    at church, which is carefully sanitized as not to offend.

Go read your bible by yourself and educate yourself
    on how nasty it can really be.

peace

axeman

#37     Dec 2, 2003
  8. At least Jesus was a peaceful hippy, and not a murdering gangster like mohammad.

You know I'm an atheist like you axeman, but I can easily see the difference between Christianity & Islam.

#38     Dec 2, 2003
  9. Even if the Bible told me to kill, I wouldn't do it just because it was written like that.

Cheers!

#39     Dec 2, 2003
  10. yabz

yabz

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." (Exodus 22:18)

It is estimated that around 9 million people, mainly women, were burned at the stake for witchcraft during the Middle Ages in Europe.

#40     Dec 2, 2003