POLL: What is the Most Important Thing in Trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by rcanfiel, Oct 1, 2007.

What is the Most Important Thing in Trading?

1. Money&Portfolio Management, Proper use of leverage, Diversification

22 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. An Edge

83 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Psychology, Health, Personal Issues

33 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Sufficient Trading Capital

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Mentor, Trading Buddies

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  6. Something else

15 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. (Trading) Education

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. Worked in the industry, (Trading) Experience

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Broker, Trading Software, Execution, PC-web connection

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Risk management, Disaster Prevention

55 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Psychological development - when the gap between your KNOWING and DOING has been eliminated and you are of operational intent.

#31     Oct 1, 2007
  2. patience & discipline

#32     Oct 2, 2007
  3. Fistfull

Fistfull

If I could have picked two options I'd have taken Edge and Risk Management. You have to have both. One is nothing without the other.

#33     Oct 2, 2007
  4. KS96

KS96

Low-risk entry.

#34     Oct 2, 2007
  5. #1 and 10 are kind of the same. I went for 10, because even if you dont have an edge, with risk management, you'll last a little bit longer.

#35     Oct 2, 2007
  6. mokwit

mokwit

What is the Most Important Thing in Trading?

Crush enemies, see dem driven before you, hear de lamentations of der vimmin.

On a serious note, structuring things so that your weaknesses can't get to you, this includes multiple things like low risk entries, having multiple small positions that add up to a large one etc etc.

#36     Oct 2, 2007
  7. You've already had some pretty choice comments made on the thread.

But the most important thing to know about trading, is yourself ... if you don't know who you are as a trader, while you might succeed in the short-term, you probably won't over the long.

Good trading,

JJ

#37     Oct 2, 2007

8. You stole my post..lol!

#38     Oct 2, 2007
  9. Funny you say that. I recently installed wifi in the Winnebego. Last week 3 of the fellas in my RV Investment Club loaded up in the Winnebego for our first ever on the road trading session. When the opening bell rang we were already on our 2nd six pack of Natural Light. It's always good luck to drink the cheap stuff during market hours.

Long story short, we rolled into the local Hooters for a quick lunch. When the RV door opened an avalanche of empty beer cans rolled into the parking lot as all the smoke from the Dutchmaster Stogies we were smoking came bellowing out. Luckily we parked in the rear and not too many people noticed. Anyway, the wifi stopped working after lunch causing us to park the RV near a Holiday Inn where they had free wifi. The closing bell rang and the only thing the fellas cared about was how big Maria B's ass had gotten. We left another pile of emptys in their lot. I had to call a relief driver to come and drive the RV home.

Rennick out :p

#39     Oct 2, 2007
  10. timbo

timbo

A crystal ball and access to credit.

#40     Oct 2, 2007