Poll: What instruments do you trade and why?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mr_You, Dec 1, 2012.

What is you primary trading instrument and why?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. Futures

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Equities

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. ETFs

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Forex

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Mr_You

Mr_You

What instruments do you trade and why?

2. Mr_You

Mr_You

BTT

3. Mirzy

Mirzy

Equities because they are straight forward and simple. I will complicate things with options a bit when I get more advanced haha

4. eurojack

eurojack

Spot fx, because it's accessible to retail 'average joe' traders and a good insight into trading. I will move over to futures once I raise enough capital.

5. forex, because I have already traded everything else, and it's the only one I don't have any bad memories about (yet.)

tom2 likes this.
  6. Equities, ETFs and options. Mainly because of diversification, arbitrage, statistics, etc. I trade FX sometimes for fun, and SSFs and other spreads when I have idle cash.

7. 007Arb

007Arb

Even though I average around 500 to 600 trades per annum among my three accounts - a taxable and two IRAs, according to this poll I must not be a trader since my trading tool of choice are open end equity and bond mutual funds. That's because of their persistency of trend and lack of volatility compared to other trading instruments thus allowing one to more easily deploy their entire trading capital to best capitalize on the compound effect. Of course, that's yet another reason I must not be a trader since I abhor volatility.

8. trendo

trendo

9. dompap21

dompap21

That a lot of trading using mutual funds - so i imange you are holding a large number of positions to circumvent early transaction fees?

10. Specterx

Specterx

ES because of extreme technical precision and huge liquidity.

#10     Dec 11, 2012