POLL: What if New York is nuked?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK guys.

We got weapons of mass destruction, so if a country sends one of their guys over to punish us for having weapons of mass destruction, what do you think would be the reaction of the Civilized World?

For example, what if a guy sets off a dirty bomb in down town NYC?

Would d'ya reckon the Civilized World would think?

2. Let's get da ball rollin' !! :cool:

3. So far, option 1 is in the lead...

4. First of all, Candle, the United States is a civilized nation. If you think otherwise, then there is no hope for you.

Secondly, a dirty-bomb is more bark than bite -- it is mainly a psychological weapon and not a real weapon by any means. It would probably take out a block and damage a few square blocks. It is merely conventional explosives wrapped with an outer shell of high-grade uranium. It is the poor man's version of a nuclear bomb, but there really is nothing nuclear about it. No fission or fusion takes place with this bomb.

However, if one did go off in NY, I would imagine that we would retaliate accordingly. Perhaps we could demonstrate to the perpetrators what a real nuclear explosion looks like.

I love the fact that you are currently bashing the United States, when just a few thousand posts ago, you were a strong supporter.

That tells me you have some sort of brain damage that needs to be checked by qualified medical personnel.

Have a good day.

5. Do you have any idea how offensive this latest idiocy of yours is to those of us who lived in NYC during 9/11, had friends who died in 9/11, and who have kids that go to school everyday in Manhattan knowing the City remains under the exact kind of threat you so flippantly describe? Are you really that stupid?

6. TigerO

TigerO

[​IMG]

One thing is for sure: the damage Bush and Co have already inflicted on democracy, civil liberties and judicial due process will sure get some heavy accelaration according to General Franks, who doubts that our Constitution will survive a REAL, lol, as opposed to Bushs cooked up WMDeception attack:

"by John O. Edwards
    NewsMax
    November 21st, 2003

General Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

Franks, who successfully led the U.S. military operation to liberate Iraq, expressed his worries in an extensive interview he gave to the men’s lifestyle magazine Cigar Aficionado.

In the magazine’s December edition, the former commander of the military’s Central Command warned that if terrorists succeeded in using a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) against the U.S. or one of our allies, it would likely have catastrophic consequences for our cherished republican form of government.

Already, critics of the U.S. Patriot Act, rushed through Congress in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, have argued that the law aims to curtail civil liberties and sets a dangerous precedent.

But Franks’ scenario goes much further. He is the first high-ranking official to openly speculate that the Constitution could be scrapped in favor of a military form of government."

unquote

www.cigaraficionado.com

[​IMG]

However, not if true, upstanding and patriotic citizens have their way and remove Bush and his gang of US traitors from office in 2004 and into jail, where they belong !

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Investment guru Warren Buffett offered a bleak prediction for the nation's national security, saying a terrorist attack on American soil is "virtually a certainty."

Envy and dislike of the United States have fueled rage against the country even as the ability to build a nuclear device has spread, Buffett said Sunday at the final day of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s annual meeting.

"We're going to have something in the way of a major nuclear event in this country," said Buffett, the firm's chief operating officer. "It will happen. Whether it will happen in 10 years or 10 minutes, or 50 years ... it's virtually a certainty."

Washington and New York would be the top two targets because terrorists want to traumatize the country and kill as many people as possible, Buffett said.

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

terrorism is exactly that....more people die from smoking than from terrorism ( another famous number i shot out me a** so please correct me if im wrong, but u get the point )... living in fear makes us jittry, making the economy jittery and starting a chain of events that may lead us to have less freedom......get the point...making its bite far far bigger than its bang...peace

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Can the moderators please close this thread? Thank you.

9. TigerO

TigerO

Actually, it's quite a relevant thread as we can see, that discusses a topic whose implications and repercussions have been discussed by the likes of Buffet and General Franks, and which is simply a highly likely event, particularly as Bush chose to ignore fighting international terror and started the Iraq war instead, a war that was based on nothing but lies, a fact of which Muslims the world over are highly cognizant.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

1. The Civilized World will think that we deserved it. We reaped what we sowed.

I'm sure there are people who would think we deserve it but most of them wear rags on their head, beat their wives and wipe their ass with their fingers. So technically they are not civilized.

2. The Civilized World will tell us and the muslims to stop playing games and get around the table to sort things out peacefully

I don't think it's the Muslims that are the problem. It's the radicals the terrorists. Which are not the kind of rational logical people who can be negotiated with, we either let them continue their terrorism or we kill them.

3. The Civilized World would feel sorry for us, since we are by far the most hated son of a bitch country on this planet

I thought we were a big part of the civilized world but in any event I doubt very many who hate us will also feel sorry for us.

4. The Civilized World would tell us to elect leaders with an IQ of over 50

Isn't that kinda silly, I mean the world doesn't tell us who to elect. But just out of curiosity who would you suggest? I wasn't aware we had an electable politician with an IQ over 50.

#10     Apr 28, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.