Poll: What are your financial certifications?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OptionScreen, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Easy, easy....You two just have different concepts of time :)

-Kastro

#11     Apr 5, 2006
  2. why would anyone need MBA or B. in finance, i think CFA, FRM or CMT would be more usefull to to your trading career?

#12     Apr 5, 2006
  3. nitro

nitro

All kidding aside, of course you are 100% correct.

nitro

#13     Apr 5, 2006
  4. Personally, I cannot think of a more useless designation than the CMT. I think that the CMT certification is to trading and finance what chiropractic "medicine" is to the health sciences...not very much.

#14     Apr 5, 2006
  5. It is depedant on what direction you want to take with your career. That is why I used the qualifying statement, "for what I do". Because my career path is not that of a solo trader. A good trader can make some money. A good asset manager can make some money. A good invesment advisor can make some money also. But....

A finance (econ or acct work too I'm sure) graduate with an MBA, who has already passed the CFP exam and the series 65 (or 7, 63, 66, 6 etc..), and has put in the effort to gain the necessary skills in excel, morning star, and other such planning analysis tools......

This is the person that gets hired on at an asset management firm for a few years to figure out his personal style, at which time he can go independant with much less difficulty. And once he goes solo, he has most of the perks of being a solo trader (only trading his personal account) with the enhanced income that can only come by way of OPM.

#15     Apr 5, 2006
  6. what is opm?

For trading posts, does CFA adds significant value to your resume for getting hired by hedge funds or rising any capital?

And does CFA carter holder without a bachelor degree put you in any disadvantage? I know bachlore degree isn't required by(Amir) CFA institute for applying tests

#16     Apr 6, 2006
  7. I have Series: 4 , 7 , 55 , 63 , and 66. I used to be a Market Maker then Prop trader , now a Financial Advisor, it seems to be where the business is going.:)

#17     Apr 6, 2006
  8. Hey J mowery
    Kool we both have the same degress
    I am studing and reading more books and trying to collect more cash so that i can get the certifictae
    NMBO = Nore more bending over :D
    I think u should get that degrees also :p

NMBO = No More Bending Over

#18     Apr 6, 2006
  9. SLAD = Smile Like a doughnut!

:D

#19     Apr 7, 2006
  10. I'm afraid i have to ask Moderators to revoke you from your funny designations

Please someone with FRM, CFP,CFA, CAIA...comment which & why any of above should help their "TRADER" post?

If i understand well, CFA should take around back-breaking 3-4 years to pass along with 4 years practical experaince to become charter holder? what is easier other alternative to CFA?

#20     Apr 8, 2006