POLL: Was Larry Williams one of the greatest traders ever or was he a low-life cheat?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by candletrader, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Thank You :)

#31     Apr 30, 2003
  2. Its a pleasure, my Brother...

#32     Apr 30, 2003
  3. excellent trading, tony. i have a 10 month old and a 3 year old and KNOW exactly what you are going through. one was easy, two is exponentially more difficult. even with a full time nanny, etc.

all the best to you,

surfer:)

#33     Apr 30, 2003
  4. Tony Oz is one of the good guys (i.e. a respectable and credible trader, author and vendor), thats for sure...

But let's not detract from the thrust of this thread, which is Larry Williams... my burning question is: if Williams is truly legit, why hasn't he as yet sued Gallacher for how Gallacher disparaged Williams' trading results in his book ("Winner Takes All")? Williams continues to make a great living marketing his courses, using his trading results as the meat of the marketing ploy... why does Williams not sue those (e.g. Gallacher) who have publically criticized the legitimacy of those trading results? Is he afraid of failure to successfully sue, thereby accentuating an existing credibility-gap?...

#34     Apr 30, 2003
  5. To put things in some long term context, here are the historical Robbins Trading Championship results... Larry Williams won in 1987 with a return that would have turned $1000 into more than $100,000 in a year... his daughter won 10 years later in 1997, and her performance could lend weight to those who believe that Larry Williams' results were legit...

[​IMG]

#35     Apr 30, 2003
  6. Harry, you're lost. The big Wall Street crooks (firms) don't try to sell you a curve-fit system for pork bellies or S&P. CFTC's mandate is futures. Merrill, Goldman Sucks, etc., their main avenue of fraud is stocks. Stocks are SEC's domain. And SEC is full of incompetent/corrupt *ups. So you're blaming the wrong agency for not doing anything about the big boys.

#36     Apr 30, 2003
  7. Oh please, pity the poor public - so innocent. All the data were there; maybe the market got a bit overvalued, ya think?

#37     Apr 30, 2003