Poll: Trump’s First-Quarter Ratings Lowest For A President Since WWII

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Poll: Trump’s First-Quarter Ratings Lowest For A President Since WWII

His first months in office have been unprecedented — but “likely not in the way he or his supporters hoped.”

By Ariel Edwards-Levy

[​IMG]

President
    Donald Trump received substantially worse ratings for his first months in office than any president dating back to World War II, according to Gallup.

Even presidents who’ve gone on to be unpopular generally enjoyed high ratings during their first months in office. But Trump’s average rating since Inauguration Day is just 41 percent,
    Gallup finds, making him the only president in their polling history to fall short of majority approval during his first quarter.

Former President Bill Clinton, the next-lowest ranked, had an average approval rating of 55 percent for that time period, while former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush enjoyed first quarter ratings of 63 percent and 58 percent, respectively.

[​IMG]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b06b9cb9148fd9?rdn&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

2. Yawn
    He's POTUS
    Get over it loser

Tom B and Tsing Tao like this.
  3. jem

jem

i clicked a few links...
    if they revealed there sample its very hard to find.

given this fact...

"What sets Trump apart isn’t a lack of support from his own party. About 87 percent of Republicans approve of his performance, several points above the average for previous presidents and similar to the numbers Obama and Bush saw at this point in their presidencies.

Rather, Trump’s ratings reflect the near-complete absence of support from Democrats, just 9 percent of whom approve of his performance so far."

its likely they had a rich democrat or leans democrat sample.
    I rate this a most likely a very skewed probably fake poll.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  4. Arnie

Arnie

Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. The Independents confirm Trump's low approval rating.

Oh and there won't be a healthcare vote next week. Perhaps it's time to look at taxes again. And if that fails, perhaps they'll look at healthcare unless the Syrians are suddenly gassed again. If the natives become restless, I'm sure he'll start talking about a wall that's never going to be built.

It's almost Friday and that means another $2 million in taxpayer money will be spent to watch the president play golf in Florida.

#WorseThanDubya

Tony Stark likes this.
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I wonder how many Presidents since WWII had this hostile a media and members of his administration and political party trying to torpedo him all at once.

Wallet, Tom B and Clubber Lang like this.
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Gallup used to be one of your "Jem Honest" polls though :confused:

8. jem

jem

Honest polls reveal their templates and use reasonable samples.
    if a pool does not reveal their sample they lose their jem honest rating.

if I recall - the scenario...

was there a time when they had obama's ratings very low.
    they then took heat in the media and maybe from the white house for a week or two. all of a sudden Obama jumped 7 points and I think it when it became hard to find their templates.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  9. jem

jem

by the way... while looking for the time gallup turned crooked I found this...
    so it looks like the Jem algo called the election perfectly.
    far better than your national crooked polls.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...-without-the-algo.301548/page-61#post-4348510

Here is my thesis.

It looks like hillary is winning in some by not all of the national polls. if you apply the 2012 template to the data collected the pollsters then the race is likely in the margin of error.

As far the electoral college. I don't have the data or time to apply the 2012 template.

So what could go wrong.

The people don't vote like they did in 2012.
    so what is the risk.

I think there is a small risk that hillary out performs and trump under performs.
    There is a large risk that obama's voters don't show up in the same number.
    There is also a chance more people vote for Trump than admit to pollsters
    There is also a large chance that Trump has more voters than the 2012 template would model.

So in short. If this were a 2012 election hillary might be winning.
    But.. there is a chance this won't be like 2012.
    If it is different. Its more likely to to swing to trump than hillary. imo.

10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

When Gallup had Obama/Romney close they were honest and included in the jem honest polls.When Obama approval ratings are up or Trumps are down they are no longer honest.Got it.

#10     Apr 20, 2017