POLL: The repercussions of a US attack on Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Dec 8, 2002.

Which of these is most likely?

1. Co-ordinated large-scale bombings of shopping malls and offices (similar to September 11, but not us

12 vote(s)
    133.3%
  2. Biological attacks on schools, malls, airports etc

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Highly co-ordinated machine gun mow-downs of crowds by suicide gangs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. One person suicide bombings (similar to that carried out by Hamas) co-ordinated across numerous smal

30 vote(s)
    333.3%
  5. Devastating car bombs set to go off amongst traffic queues of commuters crawling into work in the ru

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It won't be as obvious as any of the above, but it will make September 11 look like a wasp bite com

26 vote(s)
    288.9%
  7. No repercussions

95 vote(s)
    1,055.6%
  1. wild

wild

"ne touche pas mon copain" ...

#71     Dec 10, 2002
  2. rs7

rs7

TF, I may be there a lot sooner than I would have thought even yesterday. Something has come up that may bring me there around the end of the month if I can find a way to get my son to stay with his grandmother (which will be a hard sell).

But tell me. Are the stories I heard true or not? I already know Paris is a beautiful city. I was there long ago. But what is the story about the public announcements concerning the pick pockets? True or not?

Peace,
    :)rs7

#72     Dec 10, 2002
  3. #73     Dec 10, 2002
  4. yeah yeah, fantastic link. wow, what a great culture, blah blah blah.

now. how about casting an eye to what is happening in the MODERN islamic world?

i can provide you with some fantastic links about that if you'd like...

#74     Dec 10, 2002
  5. rs7

rs7

Daniel,

Never met a gypsy I didn't like!! Of course never met one I would trust either:)

Women in Islamic world....well I had this discussion several times with TF....In Israel Muslim women can vote. Even hold political office. In Saudi Arabia I don't know if they are free to even breath without a man's permission.

And yeah, the rise of fundamentalism was exactly the concern I expressed in my last post. Where are the peace loving leaders of the Islamic world now? Kinda quiet seems like to me. Or maybe it is the severe censorship we in the US are subject to, so we don't get to hear all the peace and love being preached by the REAL Islamic leaders. :confused: Obviously we don't have the kinds of freedom of religion, speech and expression in the west that those progressive Islamic states have. Oh well, we can always look to the next world with all those virgins and new Ferraris and stuff:) Maybe we will have an uncensored press in heaven, sort of like they have in Iraq and the rest of the (non Israeli) middle east now.

Peace,
    :)rs7

#75     Dec 10, 2002
  6. Not at the end of the month I won't be there. I will probably be in egypt with my fiancee. Concerning the stories, it's a bit exagerated. There 4/5 million arab in France mostly from North Africa.

At first they were put in ghettoes and worked hard to build the roads, the metro and work in the mines. Their condition of living were just terrible. But today they have children. and the situation has evolved many are well integrated and of course you have frictions and of course you have dangerous suburbs like you have in the US. But I think it is certainly safer than the US...

So some are drug dealers some are famous football player like Zidane and worth millions and many are ordinary citizen with an ordinary life.

Now, why this reputation, because many drug dealers are arab. like in the US you have the latinos and the black. So I suppose in the US you won't go with your children in the bronx. At least if you don't leave there. the same in France. But mostly it's very safe.

So just let me know and you have nothing to worry about it's certainly much safer than NY :)

See you

#76     Dec 10, 2002
  7. [excerpt]

Why Dubya wants to attack Iraq today
    (Latest Excuses)

Saddam Hussein backed Al'Qaida
    (Oops. The gov-goons admitted there was no evidence for that)

Saddam is developing bioweapons
    (Apparently using materials the US sold him, from its own biowarfare program.)

Saddam is developing nukes
    (Spooner forbid that someone else get weapons like those of the US. And why isn't Dubya threatening North Korea, which says it has nukes? Isn't it still on the Axis of Evil?)

Saddam won't let weapons inspectors back in
    (Umm... Actually he will.)

Saddam wanted to kill Daddy
    (Seems understandable. The only question is whether that would constitute an initiation of force. But ol' national leader Dubya can't afford to extend the precedent of offing national leaders. Unless they're third world folks who run afoul of the CIA.)

Saddam already has nukes or bioweapons, or something
    (Not according to the weapons inspectors. But the US does.)

Saddam is going to attack the U.S. first
    (With those theater-range, plywood Scuds? How come the US arsenal could deter the old Soviet Union, but not one little third world backwater which has been contained by a decade-long military blockade?)

The Al'Qaida and Taliban leaders are in Iraq
    (...Says the government that can't even tell for sure if bin Laden is alive, much less where he might be.)

Saddam is a meanie
    (He is a politician, a 'national leader,' after all. But where does this leave President Dubya, who wants to attack someone who hasn't attacked him?)

The majority of the twelve main Al'Qaida financers are Saudis.
    (-blink-?)

IAEA says Iraq will develop nukes within six months.
    (Oops. The IAEA never issued any such report.)

Iraq has a growing fleet of unmanned aircraft that could be used "for missions targeting the United States."
    (This is the same country which has barely been able to get a bird off the ground since 1991, because the US imposed 'no-fly zones'?)

Iraq tried to buy nerve agent remedies and Cipro from Turkey.
    (Oops again, Dubya! Turkey says that never happened either.)
    Gee, and we thought Clinton was a pathological liar.

OK, so Iraq agreed to the revised weapons inspection. But it's just a trick, and Dubya's ready to bomb Iraq to dust if they blink.
    So how exactly is Iraq going to prove a negative?
    And oops again: Iraq is cooperating. How embarrassing for Dubya.

Iraq has the materials to make "dusty" chemical warfare agents that will penetrate NBC suits.
    Oops. (Isn't that getting monotonous?) The US sold the stuff to Iraq after determining that they were working on this project.

Iraq's 11,000 page report is a pack lies.
    Not only hasn't Dubya seen the report, the UN said they won't release the full report to the US.
    News Flash: Late Sunday, the UN announced the US would get a complete copy. Monday, the White House announced it still won't provide its claimed evidence to the UN.

another one coming soon

http://members.surfbest.net/samizdat@surfbest.net/attack.htm

#77     Dec 10, 2002
  8. The modern islam does not exist. It is simply not islam.
    You said that Islam was the most terrible religion on earth and yet according to the vast majority of historian it produced the most beautiful civilization on the planet and certainly the most tolerant.

See you guys I have to go

Good luck to you

TF

#78     Dec 10, 2002
  9. wild

wild

what´s the basic difference between a muslim fundamentalist and a "christian" fundamentalist ... like Ashcroft ?

#79     Dec 10, 2002
  10. IAEA says Iraq will develop nukes within six months.
    (Oops. The IAEA never issued any such report.)

Yeah I heard about that ... Crazy isnt it. Bush the president of the USa accuses Saddam of being a liar and yet he lies to his own people. and I am sure that nobody took the time to check this out. By the way this was during a join statement with Blair.

#80     Dec 10, 2002