POLL: The repercussions of a US attack on Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Dec 8, 2002.

Which of these is most likely?

1. Co-ordinated large-scale bombings of shopping malls and offices (similar to September 11, but not us

12 vote(s)
    133.3%
  2. Biological attacks on schools, malls, airports etc

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Highly co-ordinated machine gun mow-downs of crowds by suicide gangs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. One person suicide bombings (similar to that carried out by Hamas) co-ordinated across numerous smal

30 vote(s)
    333.3%
  5. Devastating car bombs set to go off amongst traffic queues of commuters crawling into work in the ru

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It won't be as obvious as any of the above, but it will make September 11 look like a wasp bite com

26 vote(s)
    288.9%
  7. No repercussions

95 vote(s)
    1,055.6%
  1. having actually lived in 4 different countries (and currently living outside the US), i have an excellent idea of the US's reputation amongst people (not good); and also an excellent understanding of the huge numbers of deaths caused by (somewhat indirectly) her throughout the 20th century.

in this case though, what reason would MUSLIMS, as a whole, have for seeking revenge? like i said, if it occurs (and i'm pretty damn sure it won't), it won't be religiously motivated.

seems you think that muslim revenge would be justifiable; perhaps as proxy for all the other disaffected persons who suffered from US foreign policy. can't say i, or most reasonable people, would agree with you on that one...

#21     Dec 9, 2002
  2. The reasons are manifold... here are a few:
    a) the continued and unquestioned military and political support for Israel
    b) the continued propping up of puppet regimes as a means of establishing US military bases, in order to foster US regional geopolitical and resource control
    c) unilateral, non-mandated military action (which is precisely what Sept 11 was from the viewpoint of many Muslims and, indeed, many non-Muslims), by the USA on Muslim civilian populations and their infrastructure

I agree that the reasons for Muslim anger have little to do with religion... the reasons have everything to do with the infringement of sovereignty, the Israeli issue, and the extraction of natural resources through coercion, on US terms...

#22     Dec 9, 2002
  3. man, i love the 'highly co-ordinated machine gun mow-downs'. lmao. that's a killer!

LMAO!!
    :D :D :D

HAHAHAHAHH AHAHHAHA!:D THATS FUNNY! DAN! THATS FUNNY!:D

#23     Dec 9, 2002
  4. THANKS FOR SPEAKING SO SPECIFICALLY. THATS WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU CANDLE. NO GENERALITIES, YOU ARE ALWAYS SO SPECIFIC. TIME TO HUMP YOUR CAMELLMAO!!:D :D

#24     Dec 9, 2002
  5. Although I will admit to having ridden a camel in my many travels, I rid the camel in a purely non-sexual transportation mode :D

That camel's face was a real stomach churner... I could swear it was Chelsea Clinton...

But hey, if you're into humping camels, whatever floats your boat!

#25     Dec 9, 2002
  6. vvv

vvv

hehe, great posts ;)

cheers

#26     Dec 9, 2002
  7. and excellent posts...

Let us sum up the situation. all muslim countries are dictatorships. All those dictatorships are backed by the US and the ones that are not will be attacked and even Saudia Arabia, which was in the past US friend, turns out to be an enemy and could be attacked.

For me the USA are the number 1 power on the planet but will it stay that long number one ??? I don't think so. In 50 years /100 years the world will be completely different and we have to open our eyes. For me if the US continues that way, they are preparing a sad future for their children...

Many elements points in the direction of an explosion of our planet. 20% of the countries (the West ) possess 80%+ of all the wealth of this planet and is trying with all means possible to keep it. More than that the west is not rich in terms of oil and raw materials. It is the south that possesses the real wealth of our planet.

When you are hungry for food for wealth for knowledge you could do anything in order to achieve your aims. The danger is there... Either we try to understand the evolution of our planet and respect the others or I am sure the retaliation will be tough and our planet is in big trouble..

Some points :

Islam is

The youngest religion in the world
    the fastest growing
    a religion that contains some of the poorest countries in the world (Afghanistan for instance) and some of the richest in terms of resources (Saudia, Iraq..)
    It is also a relligion that is very present in Europe, Asia and slowly but surely developing in America....

Some of the finest brains on the planet are muslims. May be muslims are poor but today they are young and hungry and they start to become more and more knowledgeable. Just have a look at western universities. Many teachers in Mathematics, Physics, Medecine are muslim. Those are the future.

Interestingly, this situation for me is the same as the one experienced by Muslims in the 13th/14th century. At that time the policy for muslims was to have just one child. Their population became older and the people that became hungry for knowledge were the Christians. We all know what happened next.

Don't forget one thing, the vast majority of boxing world champions don't come from rich families. They are from very poor backgrounds and therefore hungry.

So we have the choice : try to respect the others and try to change things NOW. or keep on doing those silly things and I am sure that our planet will explode.

I think we have all the means to live in a viable planet and also all the means today to stop famine in the world.

We can stop the roots of evil and terrorism it's very easy or we can feed it and feed Oussama's ranks.

#27     Dec 9, 2002
  8. Babak

Babak

Actually the youngest religion is www.bahai.org (158 or so years old)

#28     Dec 9, 2002
  9. I was not talking in terms of age of the religion but in terms of the population that composes it. Sorry if I was not understood.

The West is becoming older and older as opposed to third world countries and muslim countries that's what I said and developed.

Even in Europe, many politician says that the population is becoming older and that in 10/15 years they will need more immigrants... This is why the European Union wants to open its doors to more eastern european countries.

#29     Dec 9, 2002
  10. well then Traderfut, it seems we should be doing everything we can to crush islam while still have the chance! :) screw the international community USA! let's get the iraqi sons o' bitches! and if the other muslims wanna retaliate, let's blow their butts sky high too!

the only reason islam is growing so fast is because those muslim rats each have ten children. (the freakin losers! :mad: ) not cos the story of islam is so compelling that it's attracting converts. (hahaha, the koran is so full of shit, so horrific, and muhammed is such a murderous maniac, that only mental defectives would choose to convert to it!)

no wonder they are so poor. they don't even have the resources to raise 2 kids properly, let alone ten.

as for some of the finest minds being muslim. yeah? so what. i can just as easily say SOME of the finest minds in the world are macedonian (well, of course they are! i'm one of them! :)). that proves nothing.

the real statistic you should be bringing up is that there is scarcely a group of people in the world for whom backwards and primitive deadheads form such a large proportion as islam.

i'm glad you brought up that line of thinking TF. world domination is exactly what is at the heart of every good muslim. that's exactly why i choose to expose it for the mountain of filth that it is every chance i get.

#30     Dec 10, 2002