POLL: The repercussions of a US attack on Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Dec 8, 2002.

Which of these is most likely?

1. Co-ordinated large-scale bombings of shopping malls and offices (similar to September 11, but not us

12 vote(s)
    133.3%
  2. Biological attacks on schools, malls, airports etc

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Highly co-ordinated machine gun mow-downs of crowds by suicide gangs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. One person suicide bombings (similar to that carried out by Hamas) co-ordinated across numerous smal

30 vote(s)
    333.3%
  5. Devastating car bombs set to go off amongst traffic queues of commuters crawling into work in the ru

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It won't be as obvious as any of the above, but it will make September 11 look like a wasp bite com

26 vote(s)
    288.9%
  7. No repercussions

95 vote(s)
    1,055.6%
  1. Candletrader,

Let's get one thing straight. I am not your brother.
    I also don't have friendemies.

Plumlazy

#11     Dec 9, 2002
  2. This is precisely the sort of rhetoric that leaves the civilized world with no choice but to take appropriate action against the criminal foreign policies of the USA...

Get real, Longshot... it's all about oil... and the US will murder hundreds of thousands for it...

#12     Dec 9, 2002
  3. You have made a good point Aaron... historically Al-Quaeda has viewed Saddam as a traitor to the Islamic cause (indeed Saddam has used Western weapons - when he was an ally of the USA - to kill Iraqis who would have been allied with an organization such as Al-Quaeda)... but an American attack on Iraq in order to steal its oil will galvanize support for appropriate action against the USA across the entire Muslim world of 1 billion people... ideological differences between different Muslim groupings will vanish in the face of the major enemy... the USA...

Moreover, I suggest to you that it is more than just the Muslims who would like to see the USA punished... many non-Islamic countries have been fucked by the USA over the years (in South America, Europe, Africa and Asia)... they will probably fully back the retaliatory action that the Muslim community takes on American interests, and will shed no tears for any collateral damage amongst the American population...

Let's not delude ourselves... the global perception of the USA is of a murderous bully which defies international law, murders people en masse, violates sovereignty by using threats as a means of securing overseas military bases, and creates subversion at every opportunity... always in the pursuit of geopolitical advantage and/or illegal resource acquisition...

#13     Dec 9, 2002
  4. man, i love the 'highly co-ordinated machine gun mow-downs'. lmao. that's a killer! :)

personally, i doubt that anything too serious is gonna happen. maybe the occasional incident; perhaps a little more frequent than had already been happening (9.11 obviously wasn't the first muslim terror act against US)..

i also highly doubt that the US would go on a war with iraq without international support (for the cause, not armed support) at this stage of the game.

looks like them greedy oil merchants been foiled again, candle...

#14     Dec 9, 2002
  5. ... only if the US refrains from attacking Iraq...

#15     Dec 9, 2002
  6. i say no way US goes to war with iraq alone. you disagree?

let's you and i place a little friendly wager shall we?

#16     Dec 9, 2002
  7. My wager is that the USA and the pathetic poodles who lap up America's droppings (UK, Australia) will attack Iraq in defiance of the UN... with regards to the USA breaching international law, the civilized world will tell the USA that it got what it deserved, when the Islamic people take their revenge on the USA...

#17     Dec 9, 2002
  8. revenge for what dude? the US, if it does, won't be attacking iraq for religious reasons.

of course, the typical piece of shit muslim will no doubt get all riled up about it... but no intelligent person would expect much else from that rabble...

#18     Dec 9, 2002
  9. Most Europeans, most Africans and most Asians will probably wish the Muslims the best of luck in hitting the USA hard this time around...

The USA is the most despised entity on this planet, not what you refer to as the "shit muslims" (and if you don't understand why the USA is despised, you are lacking in a basic knowledge of how the USA has murdered countless peoples around the world to expand its geopolitical and resource control)... indeed, the "shit muslims" will gain a considerable amount of street cred amongst the international community should they manage to teach the USA a lesson even more radical than that of September 11...

The USA cannot win by military might... it can only neutralize the enemy by removing the reasons for there to be an enemy...

#19     Dec 9, 2002
  10. I agree, it won't be for religious reasons... it will be for oil...

#20     Dec 9, 2002