POLL: The repercussions of a US attack on Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Dec 8, 2002.

Which of these is most likely?

1. Co-ordinated large-scale bombings of shopping malls and offices (similar to September 11, but not us

12 vote(s)
    133.3%
  2. Biological attacks on schools, malls, airports etc

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Highly co-ordinated machine gun mow-downs of crowds by suicide gangs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. One person suicide bombings (similar to that carried out by Hamas) co-ordinated across numerous smal

30 vote(s)
    333.3%
  5. Devastating car bombs set to go off amongst traffic queues of commuters crawling into work in the ru

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It won't be as obvious as any of the above, but it will make September 11 look like a wasp bite com

26 vote(s)
    288.9%
  7. No repercussions

95 vote(s)
    1,055.6%
  1. >>They were underarmed, and were pityfully exposed in their small sandbag posts, but they had seemed resolved to fight.<<

Many of these people are mercenaries, coming from neighbouring countries and getting paid for their services.

In a way I feel sorry for them that they are swayed by propaganda or money to go and fight for a tyrant.

To make matters worse,they may even not be smart enough to realise that they are underarmed and cannot possibly beat tanks and bombs from above and that the best thing to do would be to throw away one's weapons and try to melt away in the general population.

To make it even worse, how do they think they are going to get paid for their services ?

It is easy to criticise these people but they aren't exactly living under the same advantageous conditions as most of us.

The worst that may happen to us is tbat we may get brainwashed to go and eat at McDonalds.

freealways

#1821     Apr 9, 2003
  2. Hey, wild/msfe/+aliases; you like to post from your favorite rag, The Guardian, so don't mind if I do:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,932957,00.html

"James Meek of the Guardian, who was with the US Marines, said resistance to the Americans had "all but collapsed" and the numbers of soldiers in the city now seemed disproportionate.

"Most of the people we've seen have been very happy to see us. They've been putting their thumbs up and shouting 'Thank you Mr. Bush'," he said."

Did you get that, wild/msfe/+aliases? The formerly oppressed Iraqi people were shouting:
    'Thank you Mr. Bush'

#1822     Apr 9, 2003
  3. msfe

msfe

formerly ?

Iraqis are used to cheer their dictator

#1823     Apr 9, 2003
  4. Anything is fair game in msfe's propaganda war. The more blood in Baghdad the more vindicated he feels. Isn't that perverse?

#1824     Apr 9, 2003
  5. msfe see dictators with his 3rd eye.

#1825     Apr 9, 2003
  6. to the idiots who protested the war, all i need to say is HA HA !

#1826     Apr 9, 2003
  7. #1827     Apr 9, 2003
  8. msfe

msfe

what did he do during the 25 years before SH came to power ?

#1828     Apr 9, 2003
  9. if he was anything like me he was getting high and chasing women. but i really can't recall.

#1829     Apr 9, 2003
  10. And now... there is no dictator.

#1830     Apr 9, 2003