Poll: Swing Trading Vs. Day Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TRADERCJ, Jun 5, 2007.

Best way to make 10K a month

1. day trading

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. swing trading

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. TRADERCJ

TRADERCJ

I have been daytrading for the last few years trying to reach my goal of 10K a month, and haven't been able to do it yet.

My question, do you it is easier to day trade or swing trade to consistly make 10K a month.

Thanks

2. If you even made $5k consistant last 12 months, you should have no problem finding capital and adding size for larger return.

I think i answered your question. Thank you

3. How much are you trading with?

4. l2tradr

l2tradr

What's your trading capital? Also, do you make those gains fully margined? If not, there's your answer. :)

5. TRADERCJ

TRADERCJ

Before hitting a snag the last few months, I was do 2K a month using on average 30-60K of my 100K capitial. This was doing daytrading. I was looking to see if you can get the same results swing trading as day trading, without all the stress.

I know to gave more money you do have to use more capital and more leverage, so I am prepared to do that.

6. Yes, I think you can. The problem is that swing trading might take you a bit longer to show those profits of $2k or whatever your target. If you take a position, maybe it takes a bit longer to come to fruition than you thought. So you have to wait 6 weeks to show a profit perhaps....but I think you can swing trade healthy companies and make more money with less stress. That's what feels better to me at least. Some are good at daytrading and don't feel the stress, different strokes bro.

Good luck.