Poll: SPY,long or short?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nocloud, Aug 25, 2012.

SPY, long or short?

1. Buy

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sell

20 vote(s)
    66.7%

1. This is interesting. Where did you find that 40% figure?
    I would think it'd be higher than that, since one can let the Trend do the work over longer periods of time.
    :confused:

#11     Aug 25, 2012
  2. nocloud

nocloud

Just based on the number of people who think the market is going down, I think we're due for a breakout. This level has been tested three times now, usually third time is the charm.

#12     Aug 25, 2012
  3. That actually makes a lot of sense

#13     Aug 25, 2012
  4. I bought some home builders STOCK CALLS. SPY in 65~70% will break up.

reason 1: the FED

reason 2: the economy is moving positively, not bad as people imagine

reason 3: technically it will be a break up

the major moving factor is no.2 and no.1.

this week GDP number, watch, it is terrible way below concesus, FED will step in and it still goes up. if the number is good, better, it will ruan away from current level. either way, we will break up

#14     Aug 25, 2012
  5. This rally has no legs though, if not now it should top in the next few weeks IMO. 2007 topped at what, 1525? That was based on a real boom/bubble, this rally is based on expectations and hype.

#15     Aug 25, 2012
  6. It doesn't need legs or sense for it to.happen....a bunch of people short call it wrong cover then this accelerated a break out... fundamentally I speculate as well it doesn't Gabe legs... which way is cheaper to bet with a better pay out ratio is the real question

#16     Aug 25, 2012
  7. Slightly out the money flys and put ratio backsptead is my position.. or ctually the position I'm looking at taking

#17     Aug 25, 2012
  8. What do you think of a long UVXY position heading into September and October?

Not trying to spam, my posts were delayed I guess so I reposted.

#18     Aug 25, 2012
  9. s&p: not long or short

nasdaq: long- much stronger than s&p

#19     Aug 25, 2012
  10. Don't trade Vix etfs.... that's my advice.

#20     Aug 25, 2012